Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins

Old 09-01-2022, 02:54 AM

Duckling, Welcome to the Booms! You have my condolences on the loss of your sister. I lost my sister to cancer 7 years ago. I found quilting and the Booms gave me an outlet to process some of the pain. I look forward to getting to know you a bit. Hope you enjoy the swap!
Old 09-01-2022, 08:38 AM
Power Poster

Hi Duckling! Glad you decided to jump in!
Old 09-01-2022, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I think this is going to my newest favorite block website! Lots in here that have my imagination going. Thank you for the links! I left all my pattern books in Mississippi. Crazy the water problems there in Jackson. I'm glad the feds are stepping up to help. I am not impressed with the State or City's ability to fix their water supply alone. Too many expenses are associated with infrastructure replacement. Maybe it is time for the government to start making their own repairs like they used to, instead of having to bid for contracts?

Duckling, I have some great sunflower fabric for your Ukraine-themed quilt. I am so glad you are playing with us this round. I am missing your sister. I am glad you're here.

LStew, I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad for the joy you had and that you were able to give him a wonderful life. Your son's legacy is the sweetness that lives on with you that you share with your bonus child. Blessings abound! BTW, I have gone to Donora most of my youthful summers due to relatives in that part of the world. I can't say that I've been in your town but it is always possible. :-)

Last edited by ibex94; 09-01-2022 at 08:47 AM.
Old 09-01-2022, 12:30 PM

Great bios ladies. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-01-2022, 01:46 PM

Just a reminder - Order your padded envelopes from USPS - free with free delivery
Old 09-01-2022, 03:32 PM

And for those who want to plan really far ahead.... prepaid forever padded envelopes:
https://store.usps.com/store/product...ope-P_PPEP14PE

but they are not free. Currently $48.25 for five (minimum).

Thank you for the reminder travelinggramma!
Old 09-01-2022, 04:10 PM

Packages of 10 Priority padded envelopes are free. Postage must be added to these envelopes separately, one at a time if you want.

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
And for those who want to plan really far ahead.... prepaid forever padded envelopes:
https://store.usps.com/store/product...ope-P_PPEP14PE

but they are not free. Currently $48.25 for five (minimum).

Thank you for the reminder travelinggramma!

Last edited by Janice McC; 09-01-2022 at 04:12 PM.
Old 09-02-2022, 10:03 AM

Hello Boomers,

I just can't stand not participating, so I am excited to sign up for the 3 month group! I am so behind on projects, but what is one more in the world of quilting, right?!

I also will be sending Halloween fabrics. I have 5-6 different fabrics to send out, all coordinating with a panel. My boom goal was to make myself a quilt for every holiday... Christmas (2), 4th of July and Fall are in the books. Valentines day and summer are currently beautiful stacks of boom blocks! One of these days, right...

I'll send my email and my bio shortly...

Attached Thumbnails img_3144-1-.jpg  
Old 09-02-2022, 10:13 AM

Email sent to Sewbiz - Here is my bio

My name is Jayne Adams. I was divorced 3 1/2 years ago, right in the middle of my first boom to participate in both groups! It was a great diversion....

I live in Cheyenne, WY and am a high school math teacher, although my current position is the director of a district wide graduation program. Wonderful program which I am blessed to be part of.

I have an awesome boyfriend, Gary, who just retired as a federal probation officer. We have a spoiled covid puppy, Nysha. We each have two kids. My two boys are 27 and 30. No grandkids, but lots of dogs!

Gary and I love to camp and fish and most excitedly SAIL! We just completed our certification courses this summer in Grenada and are working hard for me to retire in two years and move FT onto a sailboat!
Old 09-02-2022, 06:12 PM
Power Poster

Jayne, so good to have you back in the swap! Glad you are happy with a new BF and sailing in your life. So are you planning on finding a treadle or a nice little hand crank to take on the sailboat? You can’t live without a sewing machine…
Your fabrics are cute and will be fun to play with.

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 09-02-2022 at 06:14 PM.