Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 552

Thread: Sign Up July 2013 47th Doll Quilt Swap - Self Portrait and/or Where I Live

  1. #26
    Super Member buslady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Thumb of Michigan
    Posts
    2,267
    Blog Entries
    7
    Sew many ideas floating around in this head of mine!! Trying to "uncrazy" a little. Artsy is my thing these days. Not sure that sits well with everyone. Can't wait to get my name and see what she likes.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

  2. #27
    Swap Hosts Krystyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    8,836
    Blog Entries
    23
    "Uncrazy"? No! No! No! We like crazy.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

  3. #28
    Senior Member BertieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Genoa IL
    Posts
    423
    And we also like ARTSY! Get crackin'!

  4. #29
    Super Member Elisabrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cody, Wyoming
    Posts
    6,396
    Well I wish I could play boring I seldom am BUT right now would make a very boring dq. All of my belongings are sitting in a 6 x 12 uhaul in the front yard. last day here. So if you had wanted a uhaul wall hanging then well I would have been the partner for you! and since I have not seen my new place yet I can't tell make you a where I live there either! and uh a self portrait of me would NOT be boring BUT it would be scary as all heck so.. perhaps I join next month when I am a tad more sane (ha ha shut up Krystyna) and I can find my sewing machine. I will be watching your unboring and totally fun projects. Note: if I HAD played you would have to remember what I did with the crazy quilt. I made a suntanning chicken SO you truly can breath easy phew le Brat is taking time off I am safe this month. (but I will be back so dont get too relaxed)
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

  5. #30
    Swap Hosts Krystyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    8,836
    Blog Entries
    23
    Brat, when you get settled I think you should make one anyway. A U-haul quilt sounds fabulous!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

  6. #31
    Super Member BuzzinBumble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    near Niagara Falls, NY
    Posts
    3,065
    Linda your suntanning chicken was a total hoot (uh, a cluck?) one of my all time favorites! I still laugh and smile when I think about it. And a U Haul quilt would be so cool! Best wishes with your move and I hope you get settled in quickly and happily and back to sewing!

  7. #32
    Super Member klgls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    1,600
    I'm joining for the first time. I live in Kansas and was in the Flint Hills yesterday at the Tall Prairie Grass Preserve - it was absolutely beautiful there. Hoping I can put my ideas into a quilt!

  8. #33
    Senior Member BertieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Genoa IL
    Posts
    423
    I'm glad you posted, Elisabrat! Post when you get to your destination! It's pretty country out there.

  9. #34
    Swap Hosts Krystyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    8,836
    Blog Entries
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by klgls View Post
    I'm joining for the first time. I live in Kansas and was in the Flint Hills yesterday at the Tall Prairie Grass Preserve - it was absolutely beautiful there. Hoping I can put my ideas into a quilt!
    Wonderful! Welcome aboard! I hope you have fun with us and I know we're all looking forward to seeing what you create!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

  10. #35
    Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    1,332
    Regretfully need to sit this one out. We are replacing floors (carpet to vinyl plank) and that includes the sewing room. It will take a plow to empty the room,then need to find a place to store everyting for awhile, and who knows how long to sort and restock. Swapping sewing room with my bedroom which is larger -- don;t mind the smaller bedroom since its only for sleeping. But in between the pulling, scraping, and gluing, I need to consider repainting as well. I'm tired thinking about it -- naptime!!

  11. #36
    Swap Hosts Krystyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    8,836
    Blog Entries
    23
    No! Not possible! No!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana View Post
    Regretfully need to sit this one out. We are replacing floors (carpet to vinyl plank) and that includes the sewing room. It will take a plow to empty the room,then need to find a place to store everyting for awhile, and who knows how long to sort and restock. Swapping sewing room with my bedroom which is larger -- don;t mind the smaller bedroom since its only for sleeping. But in between the pulling, scraping, and gluing, I need to consider repainting as well. I'm tired thinking about it -- naptime!!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

  12. #37
    Junior Member paperpieceme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    270
    I'M ready to mail, lets go, lets go, are we ready yet?!

  13. #38
    Senior Member BertieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Genoa IL
    Posts
    423
    paperpieceme, WOW! You are fast. The July list isn't even up yet, haha.

  14. #39
    Senior Member BertieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Genoa IL
    Posts
    423
    Or is it? I'm usually 20 pages behind in the posts before I see the list, haha.

  15. #40
    Super Member BuzzinBumble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    near Niagara Falls, NY
    Posts
    3,065
    Paperpieceme, you may have set a record - I haven't even been able to choose an idea yet.
    It is really great to see new people join like Jane and klgls - welcome! You will have a ball here with this fun group of ladies!

  16. #41
    Swap Hosts Krystyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    8,836
    Blog Entries
    23
    Paperpieceme (aka crazy person) no more caffeine for you today!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

  17. #42
    Super Member Lynnie25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,908
    So I made a start on my 'self portrait' quilt for this swap - and spent some time quilting it at the weekend. DH saw it and wants me to keep it as he loves it - says it reminds him of me many years ago (I assume he means the rounded bottom and slim waist) so I will take that as a compliment as I don't think my rear end has ever looked that good in or out of a polka dot bathing suit

    Anyhoo, I have had to think up another little quilty idea and I won't show him this one - just a pic when it's half way across the Pacific !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Selvedge Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

  18. #43
    Super Member BuzzinBumble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    near Niagara Falls, NY
    Posts
    3,065
    Lynnie that is Completely Fabulous! You should design and market a whole line of patterns like this! And your hubby is very romantic and sweet!

  19. #44
    Senior Member BertieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Genoa IL
    Posts
    423
    I like your self portrait, Lynnie. That's sweet that your hubby wants you to keep it! Better keep him, too!

  20. #45
    Super Member Cogito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,328
    Blog Entries
    1
    Wow Lynnie25!
    That looks way out of my capability range......I have been contemplating sitting this month out. Very talented! Too bad your hubby snagged it I bet someone would love to receive that but then again I have no doubt you will make something equally lovely. I am such a darn traditional piecer don't know how to approach this theme.....
    The expert's mind has no room to learn while the beginner's mind is free to know everything....

  21. #46
    Super Member Elisabrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cody, Wyoming
    Posts
    6,396
    oh dear Lord if I had that of me currently in a bathing suite it would be one WIDE wall hanging! I survived the trip to Wyoming!!! We are here, enjoying the gracious hosting by Jaba (Jan) on the quilting board. We will slowly move over into the apartment today and tomorrow. I can hardly wait to be set up. The drive was one big adventure, serenaded by my three cats for a good hour and a half before they gave up and decided to hate me! Boy were they displeased. Now they are sleeping over in the greenhouse outside a new adventure again. I think they are sick of new adventures and ready for their furniture right now! off to clinic today, unpack today, maybe even grocery shop other than that not much at all. busy busy beavers. Next month I am in for another dq. maybe I can unearth my sewing machine by then!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

  22. #47
    Super Member Annaquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    9,718
    Lynnie it is adorable! I am sure you can come up with an equally adorable DQ for your swap partner.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnie25 View Post
    So I made a start on my 'self portrait' quilt for this swap - and spent some time quilting it at the weekend. DH saw it and wants me to keep it as he loves it - says it reminds him of me many years ago (I assume he means the rounded bottom and slim waist) so I will take that as a compliment as I don't think my rear end has ever looked that good in or out of a polka dot bathing suit

    Anyhoo, I have had to think up another little quilty idea and I won't show him this one - just a pic when it's half way across the Pacific !
    Anna Quilts

  23. #48
    Super Member Annaquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    9,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    oh dear Lord if I had that of me currently in a bathing suite it would be one WIDE wall hanging! I survived the trip to Wyoming!!! We are here, enjoying the gracious hosting by Jaba (Jan) on the quilting board. We will slowly move over into the apartment today and tomorrow. I can hardly wait to be set up. The drive was one big adventure, serenaded by my three cats for a good hour and a half before they gave up and decided to hate me! Boy were they displeased. Now they are sleeping over in the greenhouse outside a new adventure again. I think they are sick of new adventures and ready for their furniture right now! off to clinic today, unpack today, maybe even grocery shop other than that not much at all. busy busy beavers. Next month I am in for another dq. maybe I can unearth my sewing machine by then!
    So glad you made it elisabrat! I hear you about the cats and hope they settle in soon. Maybe once they see all their stuff (furniture) it will seem like home again.
    Anna Quilts

  24. #49
    Super Member Annaquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    9,718
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble View Post
    Lynnie that is Completely Fabulous! You should design and market a whole line of patterns like this! And your hubby is very romantic and sweet!
    I was thinking the same thing. You could sell this pattern girl. Maybe try etsy?
    Anna Quilts

  25. #50
    Super Member Annaquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    9,718
    I am also skipping this month but will be checking in to see all the cute DQs and to visit with all of you. Today my DQ from June (red, white and blue) is going out to luvstoquilt.
    Anna Quilts

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.