Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue

Blog Entries
    I KNOW!!! Look ...
    Name:  Daisy and Feeney small.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  27.3 KBName:  June 2013 by BuzzinBumble 2.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  78.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Oh Krystyna, what a fabulous package of goodies Lara sent you! Lara everything you sent is just beautiful, I don't know how you did the camper doll quilt but it is just fantastic. Love, love, love it all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan

Krystyna, your enthusiastic thanks is better than the best birthday party! A gift in and of itself! I am so glad you liked it all!
    Thank you for the nice comments Anna & Jan. I always wanted to do a quilt in all 30's style fabrics. I'd like to say that I never in the world thought I would be able to do any kind of appliqué, but this swap has made me stretch my wings. This is the simplest kind of appliqué: raw edge shapes, heavily starched and fused with heat and bond before cutting out the shape (you can use a washable glue stick too) and then slowly and carefully stitched down. If you can cut out shapes and sew real slow, you can do it. Where I fall apart skill wise is in the actual quilting, so I try to keep it basic.
    My friend sewbeadit found that perfect fabric I used for the backing, which even had a matching trailer!

Krystyna, no worries, I wasn't hiding in the clothing racks at the mall, busily ripping out labels. Not long after I read you were collecting labels I raided our closets and only came up with a very meager handful. So I kept my eye out and by sheer luck ran across a lady who was getting rid of her label collection. It was just meant to be.

Grandma Di - I adore scrappy strip quilts and the one you made for Cindy is the bee's knees!
    Last edited by BuzzinBumble; 06-24-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Buzzin Bumble, what an awsome little DQ you did for Krystyna.

What a cute fabrics and appliqued star. I am also a strip scrappy lover.
    A California poppies post card, are you in my state grandma Di?

Quote Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
    Received a beautiful string quilt today from Grandma Di, with a nice FQ and card, wrapped with red and white ribbon.

Attachment 420889

Thank you so much for my DQ.
    Anna Quilts

Createfourpaws, what a gorgeous little quilt you received from Grandma Di, watch out I am eyeing that piece of fabric

BuzzinBumble, what a package you sent to Krystyna - love the little trailer but how cute are those doggies in the wagon, exact replicas of the real puppies.
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Selvedge Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

K what a wonderful package and little quilt. you are so loved!
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

BuzzinBumble, that is a fabulous little quilt! I make a point of avoiding applique--just isn't my thing--but you almost tempt me!

Krystyna, that was the gift that went on and on and on and each phase more wonderful than the last! You deserve it. FANTASTIC job, BuzzinBumble! I'm just crackin' up when I first saw the camper -- thought Elisabrat made a quilt after all. But then I saw your name. That was really a themed lil RWB gift! Love the earrings to match and awesome fabric for the backing. Crystal doorknob even. Way to go!

Guess I'm getting forgetful -- thought I wrote a post to BuzzinBumble asking how she did the zigzag trees behind the camper. Pieced or just cut from one piece of fabric. Perfect! Also, how did you make the label for that little quilt?

Blog Entries
    Keep them coming, ladies! These little quilts are soooo wonderful!
    Krystyna

What a great quilt Krystyna...know you will cherish it forever. Super job Buzzin!

Blog Entries
    Good morning all ... I need another angel please. Dabbler312 never received her April quilt.
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    What adorable mini quilts! You ladies are soooo clever!
    Ronda

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
    What adorable mini quilts! You ladies are soooo clever!
    Yes! And you need to come back!
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Krystyna;6141558]So ...

The first thing I saw when I opened the box were two GINORMOUS bags of labels! I think Lara must have gone cruising the mall with scissors. Mama mia! I'm ready to stitch! I honestly got teary eyed over them. It was overwhelming!

Attachment 420915

THEN I saw that she sent along a marvelous book Small Quilts ... which I will dive into later tonight ... more waterworks ...
    Attachment 420916

Krystyna, I have this book and I love it! Lara, your package to K is fantabulous! Love the camper and the postcard, etc. are way too cool. Such a hoot! Crystal doorknob on the camper? Now you are "really uptown"! Wonder where that saying came from...anyone know?
    The expert's mind has no room to learn while the beginner's mind is free to know everything....

Uptown Girl Cogito - I don't know, but Billy Joel used it so it is good enough for us. LOL
    I found that book at a garage sale and snapped it up knowing it would make a great add on for somebody here.
    That is neat that you got your ID from Cogito ergo sum. My hubby used to have a t-shirt that said "Cogito ergo spud... I think, therefore I yam"

Chasezzz I avoided applique like crazy until my first time here on the swap. When Kris B told me what I had made for her was broderie perse, i thought "Well I'll be. I did applique." (I had to look up what broderie perse was. LOL)
    I am sure needle turned in another matter entirely. My hand sewing is not a thing of beauty.

Confession: I am a little scared about next month's quilt theme, but game to give it a try. I Love house quilts... hmmm. Maybe that can be "where I live"?

Bertie the zigzag trees were cut from one piece of zigzaggy fabric. Whenever you can, let the fabric do the work!
    And I guess it does look like the package went on and on - but the labels were not part of the swap stuff. It just took me a long time to mail Krystyna's earlier request for labels since she lost all hers in the flood.
    Krystyna I am so curious about what you plan to do with clothing labels.

Ronda - I second what Krystyna just said! I hope you come back! You are a wonderful swap member
    Last edited by BuzzinBumble; 06-25-2013 at 06:41 AM.

Blog Entries
    Lara, I love your husband's shirt. He sounds like a lot of fun. Nothing like "intellectual" chuckles IMHO.
    I had to look up broderie perse, too, so you're in good company.
    Re: house quilts - EQBoutique is a free program and one of their free downloadable sets are houses!
    But, my darling quilty friend ... you can applique quite well ... and yarn makes lovely hair ... OR ... just a weird idea, if you underlay a good hair colored fabric below your background fabric you can do the stitch and slash technique for hair. Facial features, too, now that I think of it.
    Krystyna

Wonderful quilts! I love, love the backing fabric on the camper quilt. Of course, the front is super, too! The little doorknob is amazing.

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    So much detail on the little camper quilt. Had to chuckle since when I was young we would go camping over the 4th in a little trailer similar to that one, only turquoise and white. Even had the little silver wings on the back. Good memories ... so you see? Your gift is still giving!

Look what I just recieved from createfourpaws, It is so pretty. Cindy you do such beautiful work. Name:  DSCN1668.JPG
Views: 133
Size:  771.3 KB

Blog Entries
    Cindy, so nice! Love your fabric choices.
    Nancy, I never got to camp in a camper. I think I'd love it ... if it had air conditioning!!!

Arghhh!!! Back to work. Bad, Krystyna! My son stopped over for a surprise visit and somehow got me off track looking at videos of Bob Ross feeding a baby squirrel. Now we are having a bark fest since the complex is painting the halls and Miss Daisy Mae does not think they should be there!!!
    Krystyna

Cindy, Love the swirly design and colors of the fabrics on the mini you made!

Nancy in L - we had a Shasta camper too. Always loved them. They should make all cars and campers with wings or tail fins...LOL

Now if you'd like to see my inspiration from way back last September when jillnjo was my partner, click this link. Ever since I saw it I wanted to make a camper quilt too. Nancy, as I said last year, I love the quilts on the line and all the wonderful details:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...21-311057.html

Blog Entries
    Oh! Jilnjo's little quilt! Wonderful!
    Krystyna

The camper quilt is just awesome. Love, love love it!!!
    I sent my little quilt in the mail today. Wow and not even the last day of the month.

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 ... LastLast