Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue >

Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue

Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue

Old 06-08-2013, 01:54 PM
Swap Hosts

Oh no! Lara! Get that taken care of! OWWWWW!

It's true about dogs and dander or whatever. My son and I are very allergic to Feeney -- especially his licks, but fortunately he doesn't do that too much any more. Since Daisy chases him off the bed at night, he likes to sleep on my pillow during the day. If I keep it covered, I'm fine, but if not my eyes have problems in the morning. Daisy is another story. Not allergic to her at all but we all try to avoid her favorite method of licking -- which involves excavating your sinuses -- because she has horrible breath. She's going to the groomer on Monday and I'm very nervous about it. She's never been before and she is a terrified dog who nips.

Working on borders for your little quilt. I made such a mess with the veils over the last couple of days that I'm not sure what I did with the reds and blues I had. They'll surface. Back to the veils ... only 20 or 30 that need corners mitered and then stitched down. The part I hate the most...
Old 06-08-2013, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Oh no! Lara! Get that taken care of! OWWWWW!

It's true about dogs and dander or whatever. My son and I are very allergic to Feeney -- especially his licks, but fortunately he doesn't do that too much any more. Since Daisy chases him off the bed at night, he likes to sleep on my pillow during the day. If I keep it covered, I'm fine, but if not my eyes have problems in the morning. Daisy is another story. Not allergic to her at all but we all try to avoid her favorite method of licking -- which involves excavating your sinuses -- because she has horrible breath. She's going to the groomer on Monday and I'm very nervous about it. She's never been before and she is a terrified dog who nips.

Working on borders for your little quilt. I made such a mess with the veils over the last couple of days that I'm not sure what I did with the reds and blues I had. They'll surface. Back to the veils ... only 20 or 30 that need corners mitered and then stitched down. The part I hate the most...
My little dog nips whenever you get near her ears to clean them. The groomers we take her to does great. Last time I took her, the guy who usualy does her has moved to a different location. Was not too happy with, didn't do enough on her nails. They were still sharp so I won't use that gal again.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:29 PM

Lara,
Oofdah Mag! ( I heard that last word with the Oofdah as well!) I sure hope your finger is doing ok. Not fun, that interferes with quilting enjoyment.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:20 PM
Power Poster

Oh yummy asparagus. I have an idea so you do not have to go through the hassle of freezing all of them. Just send several pounds to us weekly.

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Been washing windows, blinds and curtains since Friday, have 3 more windows to go, hate this job!! This may be my oof-dah, the patch is growing like a weed. Froze 3 batches like this today.[ATTACH=CONFIG]417197[/ATTACH]
Old 06-08-2013, 03:27 PM
Power Poster

Love seeing Pip, Lara and Feeney. My little girl, Nina, is taking a nap in her cat bed under the dinette in our motor home. The first couple of days of our vacation were rough on her. she does not like the driving but it is getting better. For now we are set till the middle of the next week when we move on. Nina is really enjoying the break of no driving. There are lots of very big dogs on the camp ground, the biggest yellow lab, two great Danes. She has not felt very social at 8 lbs. I must say I can't blame her.

Lara, I love Pip so much. She is my baby girl's twin!

Here's Daisy, who guards the pedal to my sewing machine ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]417734[/ATTACH]

And Feeney who is very busy getting hair on my sofa and stinking up the quilt that is supposed to be between him and the sofa ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]417735[/ATTACH]
Old 06-08-2013, 04:02 PM

Ok Krystna -is that what you say when you lose something? It will "surface" eventually? Well, I am stealing it! Never thought of such a wonderful laid back response, my family won't see it coming! Worked a quilt show all day, what fun! But my dogs are barking!
Old 06-08-2013, 04:07 PM

HI Lara...hope your injury is not stitchable.....I had 2 Silkies and Joanna couldn't breath in my house...they lived for 16+ years and while I would so love another I just can't do it to her....funny that cats don't bother her! My last 3 silkies were rescues and I really wish I could have just one more but if that is the worst thing that happens to me I guess I shouldn't whine, huh?
Prayers for Robin...
Old 06-08-2013, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
Oh yummy asparagus. I have an idea so you do not have to go through the hassle of freezing all of them. Just send several pounds to us weekly.
Sure you bet, then I'll get in trouble for sending to one and not another!! Want strawberries too? They started yesterday, already have a gallon. I need Miss Brat here with her obsession for fruit, quickly.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:24 PM

And Linda, what is the sweet critter in your lap in your avatar?
she is zoey mydarling 6 pound pomerian,she is 6 years old and the baby of our family!!!
Old 06-09-2013, 05:45 AM
Swap Hosts

Linda, I love little Zoey ... and love her name! I hope she has her own quilt!

Jean D - yes, things to tend to rise to the surface sooner or later. And happily the reds and blues bubbled up to the top! So I will put away the veils I didn't finish and work on my little quilt.

Lara, how is your hand? I can't imagine sawing through a hand. Oww owww and owwww! Do you need a tetanus shot? I never had one until about two or three years ago. Hubby and I were fishing at the local pier and I was so annoyed when my line got snagged. I wasn't about to lose yet another set of tackle. So I laid down on the peer and started tugging. The whole mess let loose and flew upward embedding a gigantic rusty fish hook with a big old sinker into my finger. We went to the emergency room to get it out since I didn't know if it was embedded in the bone ... and despite all the bloody messes in the waiting room, people were getting sick looking at it. Odd thing is it didn't hurt a bit! Well, enough gore for the morning. Off to sew!