Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue >

Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue

Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue

Old 06-22-2013, 01:56 PM
Swap Hosts

OK. Everyone is happy. So moving right along ...
Old 06-22-2013, 02:16 PM

Default Wonderful day!

Krystyna you can't keep calling it a "thing" - It is a fabulous sampler in embroidery and I love it and am putting it in my kitchen!
Y'all I don't know how she did it, being as how this month was so totally crazy for her, but Krystyna sent me two really great minis.
The first is a rag quilt, but one like I've never seen - with NY Beauty like circles sewn together in a squiggly pattern. It is terrific and now I want to try one! The quilting is so cool that I am not sure if I want to wash it as apparently you do with rag quilts. I adore the fabrics.
And the second little quilt is so wonderful - and embroidery sampler with some of my very favorite themes: A bee! A country house on a high hill with a weeping willow tree and alphabet! And the cutest darn chickens! I did start to cry when I pulled it out. Happy crying Krystyna, happy crying.

Thank you for being such a fun partner - you made the month great!
So here are the pics.
Attached Thumbnails 2013-06-22-sampler-quilt-rwb-quilt-krystyna.jpg   2013-06-22-rwb-squiggly-quilt-krystyna.jpg   2013-06-22-sampler-quilt-krystyna-top.jpg   2013-06-22-sampler-quilt-krystyna-middle.jpg   2013-06-22-sampler-quilt-krystyna-bottom.jpg  

2013-06-22-sampler-quilt-krystyna.jpg  
Old 06-22-2013, 02:46 PM

Ooh, ooh, ooh! Very nice quilties you received from Krystyna! I love them both! Love the little bee for BuzzinBumble! . And the sampler, and the stacked chickens with their little aprons, and the weeping willow, and the rag swirlies, and.....well I just love it all! Good job Krystyna and Happy Day Lara!
Old 06-22-2013, 03:08 PM

I can understand how you - Cindy - could get upset. Something similar has happened to me on another swap here on QB. I worked long and hard and sent the required item. Never got a PM that it was received, but I had checked the confirmation from the PO and it had been delivered. Then there was a very short, "I got it" kind of response posted on the thread and a general "thank you". Not the kind of words that tell me, Wow, this is neat/great/beautiful, just I got it, thank you and no picture. Makes me wonder if all my time was actually worth it. THen I sent a second package with some things I had not included in the first package - and confirmation says it was delivered, not a word otherwise. Made me make a very hard decision on staying or not, just as you were thinking of. We can jump to all sorts of conclusions and sometimes, we're wrong. I am probably wrong in thinking my partner didn't like the work I did, but I'm not opening that can of worms - I will just stay here and watch...
Old 06-22-2013, 03:09 PM

P.S. Some really cute RW&B DQs coming through. Waiting for the July Oompah - have some good ideas (now if I can get them from the brain to the hands...)
Old 06-22-2013, 03:15 PM

Really enjoyed seeing all the special quilts being posted here! Very interesting rag quilt, Krystyna!
I think my partner should have gotten her quilt, but maybe not till Monday.
I have always had a wonderful partner when participating in the DQ swap, and it is truly sad when someone doesn't! July is almost here, so put out the little quilts and barbecue while racing around with some sparklers!!! OK, I don't do that anymore, either?!
Old 06-22-2013, 03:24 PM

Bertie you are one lucky duck - I bet you love the Iowa fabric backing too! What does TYVM mean? Cogito your flag quilt came out really great and I for one am waiting to see what a scissors fob looks like.

Vanogay... I'm grinning from ear to ear over the Oompah. Oompah is a lot like Ooftah and that had never occurred to me before. Oompah is Greek right? I seem to remember it from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"

PS... I too have been blessed with good partners...including you jillnjo!

Last edited by BuzzinBumble; 06-22-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:29 PM

So many cute quilts this month!
Old 06-22-2013, 04:47 PM

Well, procrastinator has just cut the fabric for my partners mini quilt. I almost changed my mind and made a flag quilt like the one just posted. Really like the flag quilt. I may make one for myself. Now to do some sewing!
Old 06-22-2013, 05:38 PM
Swap Hosts

I'm so glad you like it Lara. The whole thing was supposed to be circles but after I sliced them up my son (who was helping make mantillas at the time) looked over and suggested the swirly pattern. It sort of reminded me of the bunting that people hang on holidays. So easy to do, too! Glad you like the little sampler -- it's the Attack of the Giant BuzzinBumble!

Vanogay, I hope it wasn't me! You sent me that gorgeous lace church and I never posted a photo! I promise I will as soon as I clean off the top of my dresser. It's next to the "floating Jesus" that was staring at me in the middle of the flood and I love it sooooo much~!

Oompah! I love it! Isn't that German? I thought Greeks said Hoppa!