Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue >

Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue

Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue

Old 06-22-2013, 05:47 PM

K - Love the quilts you did. Especially like the chickens -- sometimes I feel like that poor fat one on the bottom with the legs kicked out from under her. All that hand-embroidery (I'm impressed). Blaze needs to just start making quilts himself - he comes up with some of the greatest ideas.

So many great little minis out there this month. Anxious to see what y'all do with "self-portraits" next month.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:08 PM
Swap Hosts

Ooooooo!!!!! Baby!!!! What a darling! I love, love, love her sweet little smile!

By the way, if anyone is interested in doing a raw edge quilt like that one -- it was based on Country Threads Bull's Eye -- but here is a PDF of how to do one. http://tucsonquiltersguild.com/Raw%20edge%20Bull's-eye%20Scrap%20Quilt.pdf. Of course, I started cutting very careful even circles, but said, the heck with this and proceeded just to fold squares in half, half again, and then one more time and then cut circles from that. If they were too big for the square, I just whacked some off. You stitch one to the square then cut out from the back side roughly (hahaha) 1/4" from your stitches. Save that cut out to use as another circle. Lay another one on the front and repeat. When you're all done with as many circles as you want, you slice each block into quarters and then mix and match. Lots of fun for a chaotic quilter like me!
Old 06-22-2013, 10:05 PM
Power Poster

Been there done that with other swaps but it is not a fun thing to go through. It most likely has nothing to do with you but it is hard not to internalize especially if there is no acknowledgement.

Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
I can understand how you - Cindy - could get upset. Something similar has happened to me on another swap here on QB. I worked long and hard and sent the required item. Never got a PM that it was received, but I had checked the confirmation from the PO and it had been delivered. Then there was a very short, "I got it" kind of response posted on the thread and a general "thank you". Not the kind of words that tell me, Wow, this is neat/great/beautiful, just I got it, thank you and no picture. Makes me wonder if all my time was actually worth it. THen I sent a second package with some things I had not included in the first package - and confirmation says it was delivered, not a word otherwise. Made me make a very hard decision on staying or not, just as you were thinking of. We can jump to all sorts of conclusions and sometimes, we're wrong. I am probably wrong in thinking my partner didn't like the work I did, but I'm not opening that can of worms - I will just stay here and watch...
Old 06-23-2013, 03:29 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]420614[/ATTACH]
It's pretty neat, BuzzinBumble -- it even has my name on it. Hook these on your scissors at a retreat and no will mistake your scissors for theirs! TYVM means thank you very much. I wish you could just see the Flag quilt Mary made for me in person -- it is really awesome! The sparkly fabric behind the stars reminds me of fireworks going off!
Attached Thumbnails scissors-fob-mary-parks-june-2013-doll-quilt-swap.jpg  
Old 06-23-2013, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post

By the way, if anyone is interested in doing a raw edge quilt like that one -- it was based on Country Threads Bull's Eye -- but here is a PDF of how to do one. http://tucsonquiltersguild.com/Raw%20edge%20Bull's-eye%20Scrap%20Quilt.pdf. Of course, I started cutting very careful even circles, but said, the heck with this and proceeded just to fold squares in half, half again, and then one more time and then cut circles from that. If they were too big for the square, I just whacked some off. You stitch one to the square then cut out from the back side roughly (hahaha) 1/4" from your stitches. Save that cut out to use as another circle. Lay another one on the front and repeat. When you're all done with as many circles as you want, you slice each block into quarters and then mix and match. Lots of fun for a chaotic quilter like me!
Krystyna, thank you so much for this link. I love it so much I am literally starting one for myself today! Very awesome.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:28 AM
Swap Hosts

Bertie, what an awesome little fob! Lucky you!
Cogito, I hope you have fun with it. Please be sure to show us your results.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:54 AM

Aprons on the chickens? I thought they were 'wings', lol! Silly me! I liked those chickens, too. I was in a 'chook' (Chicken) block swap with a gal named Robin from Australia once a few years ago. I have about 15 chook blocks around here somewhere in the ole hen's house just dreaming of becoming a real quilt! I've always liked chickens and bought lots of chicken patterns at quilt shows. Most are very colorful -- maybe some day I will make a quilt with them. On my bucket list, of course.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:53 AM

It WORKED this time. Left feedback for Cogito! Hooray for Bertie! If at first I don't succeed, I try, try and try again til I do it or drive everyone crazy!
Old 06-23-2013, 08:53 AM

Oh I love the fob you made for Bertie Cogito - what a great idea!
I think they are wings Bertie, although I can see why they might seem like aprons. All I know is that those chickens are really cute and I love old fashioned looking embroidery! Krystyna I put your adorable little sampler on our kitchen wall this morning and it is like a little birdie told you exactly what colors to use. Here is a pic I snapped with my cell phone, so the colors are not as vibrant as they are in real life.
Attached Thumbnails 2013-06-22-sampler-quilt-krystyna-our-wall.jpg  
Old 06-23-2013, 10:25 AM

Haha BuzzinBumble, it was me that called them aprons. I was just being creative in my description, lol. Yep, I see you are right, they are their little wings. Very cute and a perfect match for your kitchen. Way to go Krystyna.

Guess what?......my 200th post. AND thanks to Bertie I have 3.....count them, 1,2,3 positive feedbacks! Lol, just being silly today I guess.

Last edited by Cogito; 06-23-2013 at 10:27 AM.