Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins

Old 05-22-2013, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Robin, thanks for the update. How are you doing? We miss you! Did you get my envelope? Hope it didn't blow away.
Yes Krystyna I got your beautiful card and the angels and ribbons are sooooo pretty I posted a picture ..... of all the cards I got when I got home from the hospital ...Ive been so sick from the stuff they gave me .... The cards that day were from Quilty Louise, Lynnie25 ( love the Tasmaian mug rug and card),Dragonfly Nanna, Brandy,JeanD, Cathy Robertson, Linny,Nanna Kathy 55, & Kathleen Van Orsdel ....Ladies your cards were beautiful and I love you all .......
Old 05-22-2013, 06:29 PM
Swap Hosts

Robin, so glad they arrived safely, but so sorry you're ill.

Ladies, the one thing I would urge you to do RIGHT NOW is to put the names and numbers of your insurance policies and companies in your phones and in a waterproof card -- and take photos of every last thing in your home. Do an inventory NOW and please God, I hope you never have to use it. Upload it somewhere, put it on a disk and send it to a friend or family who lives elsewhere. Don't wait.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:37 PM

Krystyna, you are so right about lists .... inventory everything with pictures attached and put them in a safty box ... jewelery included ..... in 1998 we had a fire and my husband laughed at me cause everytime I bought a book or a tape or really anything that costs 10.00 or more .... I had pictures of every piece of art work and every doll in my doll collection , all my antiques with prices .... the insurance company sent their inventory team in and estimated the value of everything ..... they were over 10 thousand dollars off on the contients of the house ..... because I had pictures and the inventory it was adjusted ..... you never know how or when you will need these things .... Krystyna, you know now don't you .... my sister had had a fire in the early 80's and she couldn't prove what she had .... so I was determined to do it ..... had it all in my safty deposit box @ the bank.... I brought out inventories and photos and a vcr tape of a walk through of the house .... they had to pay !!!!! Off my trip down memory lane ..... everyone have a wonderful evening ........ happy quilting .....
Old 05-22-2013, 08:45 PM

Robin, glad to hear you are home...hope the way you're feeling from the meds will dissipate quickly. Hugs.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:44 AM

Pictures as promised!! Juanitabean did a wonderful job on this DQ!! I love the animal prints, and all the different textures, and each seam is stitched with a different pattern from her sewing machine......with gold metalic thread!! I have not mastered that yet. LOL I especially like the stitch with the scissors, thread, needles, furbabies and coffee cup. About summs up a quilter, don't ya think? LOL I absolutely love it, thanks Juanita I love it.
Nearly forgot, she also sent 3 fat quarters of very lovely fabric, thank you again.
Attached Thumbnails may13dqrcd1.jpg   maydqrcd2.jpg   maydqrcd3.jpg  
Old 05-23-2013, 05:54 AM

I missed NCIS last episode of season. What happened? I was watching "North and South" and I think tonight is the last 2-4 hours of that!

What is feedback for? I thought feedback was the comments on the board! Elisabrat, you and I must think a lot alike. I have most of those same fabrics but not as creative as you in drawing a "Roasting Chicken", haha. Love it, love it, love it! I guess you could say I'm for the birds! I love your sense of humor!
Old 05-23-2013, 06:01 AM
Swap Hosts

Juanita, what a terrific quilt! I never would have thought of using animal prints and it brings it to a whole new level. Gorgeous!

Bertie, feedback is your "score" - take a look under your avatar!

Well, apparently I do not have a partner this month. I've been PMing her but no response! Is it my breath? Just as well since I never get to keep anything I make!
Old 05-23-2013, 06:06 AM

I am crazy about the crazy quilts I am seeing. Lisalisa...quit sewing on mine and send it on over...I am dying to see it!

Robin so glad you are back home and finished with the blood exchange. Rest, rest, rest and I know you will be quilting again soon and this time will just be a memory.

I watched "Law and Order" last night and had very disturbing nightmares...awful show to watch if you live alone with just one crazy "watch cat".

Krystyna your list was really great ... I sent lv2sew2011 a care pkg. yesterday...I hope making the list didn't upset your continuing recovery.

Prayers are there for all of you.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:14 AM
Swap Hosts

Oh, good! NCIS! I forgot about that. Something to watch tonight!
I cannot watch Law and Order. It is too disturbing to me and so it is forbidden in this apartment (almost said house)

Sharon, no making the list was therapeutic for me. As a matter of fact I had a conversation with a woman who sells a book called "It's a Disaster!" which she had asked me to promote on my website. Funny thing ... the next day I found a copy in my bedroom and looked through it. Totally useless! (Unless you are an idiot and don't know enough not to go out for a look-see in the middle of a storm with live wires laying the puddles) I told her as much and she asked me to write something for their next edition and their blog. I don't think so. If I write anything it will be for my own book.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:00 AM

Love your "Roasting Chicken" Elisabrat.

Juanita, your "Crazy" has some super stitching....very nice.