Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Spring churn dash 12.5 block swap >

Spring churn dash 12.5 block swap

Spring churn dash 12.5 block swap

Old 11-10-2017, 03:14 PM

I'm just finishing my second set. Don't know how many I'll get done. I do have an allergy to live sheep, goats and deer. Don't think there would be a problem unless you stored them with unwashed wool.

I have cats, but they are not in the apartment where all my quilting is located.

Marcia aka Battle Axe

Last edited by Battle Axe; 11-10-2017 at 03:15 PM. Reason: more info
Old 11-10-2017, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by givio View Post
marietta, That's a cute post with lots of blocks pictured!

Givio, I LOVE this fabric! It just shouts "spring".

No allergies for me at all.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:34 PM

Givio! I totally love that fabric!
Old 11-10-2017, 08:41 PM

I have a dog and a cat. They fabric is stored in a pet free room and they are not around the fabric, but, when I am sewing my cat does sit on my shoulders and I might be hairy from either animal. I do not smoke so that wont be a problem. I do lint roller the blocks before bagging them up, but I truly cannot guarantee no cat or dog dander.
I hope that is not a problem for anyone. I am having a lot of fun just finally sewing again.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:31 AM

Usually people with severe pet allergies either don't join swaps or have someone open their package and air the items out before bringing them into the house -- at least that is what a person on the wall hanging and table runner swap does. We don't really need to have to take extraordinary methods to make sure our blocks are pet dander free. I live in a small apartment with a cat who loves to "help" me quilt. Before packaging the blocks, I'll take them outside and shake them out, but I'm sure some fur and dander is left on them. Nothing I can do about that.

If Armylady wants to take the extra time, she could have us mark our packages "pet friendly" or "pet free" and she could send the pet free ones only to those who tell her they are allergic. But that takes more time and I don't feel she should feel obliged to do that. I don't know it has ever been an issue in other block swaps.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:22 PM

I didn't see in the rules that fabric should come from smoke-free homes. Can that be a rule, Armylady? I literally get nauseated and a migraine by the smell of it on fabric or anywhere. I won't be able to sign up unless it's a rule, frankly, because once a smoky fabric touches another, it transfers and ruins the others.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:24 PM

Here's some more eye candy. Found right here on the QuiltBoard. Patriotic Churn and Dash
Old 11-11-2017, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by zozee View Post
I didn't see in the rules that fabric should come from smoke-free homes. Can that be a rule, Armylady? I literally get nauseated and a migraine by the smell of it on fabric or anywhere. I won't be able to sign up unless it's a rule, frankly, because once a smoky fabric touches another, it transfers and ruins the others.
We can mark them smoke free and only send you those? I agree.. the smell lingers and is horrible. Makes me ill also. But i have never had a problem in a swap with smoke tainted fabric, only one time when I bought some panels off E bay did I have a problem.
Old 11-11-2017, 01:45 PM

I am a non smoker I once received.... well I kept the fabric outside, they aired out completely. 100 percent cotton will air out. It was a secret pal package. I am allergic to cats also, now I have a allergy medication. My Chinese sharpei, loves to sent out all of the fur babies in those packages.
Old 11-11-2017, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by cuppy View Post
I am a non smoker I once received.... well I kept the fabric outside, they aired out completely. 100 percent cotton will air out. It was a secret pal package. I am allergic to cats also, now I have a allergy medication. My Chinese sharpei, loves to sent out all of the fur babies in those packages.
I've done that too, a spritz of Febreeze and hang outside for awhile. Not perfect but enough to get it sewn and quilted then into the washing machine!