Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Summer 2016 2.5” Charm Swap sign up ends Aug 5, 2016 >

Summer 2016 2.5” Charm Swap sign up ends Aug 5, 2016

Summer 2016 2.5” Charm Swap sign up ends Aug 5, 2016

Old 07-30-2016, 10:26 AM

I want to play......10 bags of 30 each
Old 07-30-2016, 02:28 PM

Wonderful!!! Swapper #18 is Jane Quilter, Welcome!!!! Sent you a PM.

Looking for squishie packages in my mailbox!!!

Oksewglad, sorry, didn't realize you are looking for input from these swappers. Will some of you swappers please state what projects you will use some or all of the squares you will receive? I am using mine to make a scrappy trip around the world to learn how to do color rows before attempting to do a difficult (at least to me) bargello with pricey English fabric.

Wholehearted Mom, my youngest left last August & I'm struggling with empty nest, therefore, I sew, a LOT. It is very hard when they drive away to begin their lives as adults, letting go is bittersweet. Train 'em, trust 'em & turn 'em loose (Girl Scout leader motto).

I am currently working on Summer Blooms by Barbara Pershing & Mary Hoover (JWD Publishing) that I found in Dublin, OH at a fabulous quilt shop. I have been challenged by applique quilters to learn this technique. Thank goodness it has squares for the background, cross training for that bargello that I really want to keep. I plan to visit my sister in CA in Sept & enlist her help with the finish. She is a commissioned artist & will be able to guide me.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. It rained this morning & the wind is blowing a cool breeze right now, can hardly believe it is July out there!
hugs,
dj
Old 07-31-2016, 04:57 AM

DJMat, I love that quilt! Is it raw edge applique? Whatever it is, it is simply gorgeous.

Love your girl scout motto It is my oldest who is leaving, so that is always hard, but I guess that when the youngest leaves it is harder still. She attends Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, and I laughingly thought that she could hand deliver my candies to you in person
Old 07-31-2016, 05:07 AM

I have two projects in mind for my candies:

1. Growing up Odd quilt: I love this idea, and I hope to participate in the birthday candy swap next year and finally acquire enough candies to finish it.

2. Stashbuster block quilt by Little Miss Shabby: I love the black borders in this!
Attached Thumbnails growing-up-odd-quilt.jpg   stash-buster-block.jpg  
Old 07-31-2016, 07:00 AM
Power Poster

Lovely challenge, dj...the background is so subtle one doesn't see the squares...
WHMom..I've made the Growing Up Odd quilt...still a flimsy..I used a navy for my sashing strips..the Miss Shabbie blocks look enticing...a good bucket list candidate. Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-31-2016, 11:23 AM

Wholeheart Mom, yes it is a glued down raw edge, so it should be fun. Thanks for posting cool quilt pics, one for each season! ORU is right down the road, good school, too! We go into Tulsa 1st Fridays to host Steak Night at the American Legion, would love to treat her to some really good food in a safe environment, let me know if she would like more info on Steak Night.
hugs,
dj
Old 08-01-2016, 02:45 AM

Been out of the loop for a while, but I'm in sending pm for 10 bags. Hi all! Been busy, had a new grandson in April, been back and forth with daughter for the past year or so as she adventures into a new business. So you may see me here and there as I will be back and forth from her house ( over hour away, and I usually stay for 2-3 days). Sending pm, will have them in the mail by wed.
Old 08-01-2016, 06:16 AM

I am going to try a scrappy trip around the world. I definitely need my design wall up for this one!
Old 08-01-2016, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by djmat View Post
Wholeheart Mom, yes it is a glued down raw edge, so it should be fun. Thanks for posting cool quilt pics, one for each season! ORU is right down the road, good school, too! We go into Tulsa 1st Fridays to host Steak Night at the American Legion, would love to treat her to some really good food in a safe environment, let me know if she would like more info on Steak Night.
hugs,
dj
DJ, you are sooooo kind! I will be sending you a pm
Old 08-01-2016, 09:00 AM

Swapper #19 is Gannyrosie for 10 sets, yipppeee!!!!
i
Friday at midnight the sign up will end. It would be an even switch if we can get one more swapper and I have extras in case more than that sign up! Remember, Oksewglad volunteered to send extras to all in this swap, too!

Here's the updated list:
abnorning 10 sets
AnnieQuilts 10 sets
BarbaraKibler 10 sets
djmat 10 sets – received
Gannyrosie 10 sets
happylab - 10 sets
Jaba 10 sets – received
Jane Quilter – 10 sets
Karen G 10 sets - received
kele 10 sets
Khquilter 10 sets
luci4 - 10 sets – received
moonrise 10 sets - received
Patrick's Mom 10 sets – received
Quiltingdragon 10 sets
Rosemary Attaway 10 sets
trish b 10 sets
Wholeheart Mom 10 sets
Zozee 10 sets

This is my first time to host on Quilting Board & you swappers are terrific, Thank You!
sisterly hugs to you all,
dj