Winter 2018 I Spy Swap

Old 03-01-2018, 11:35 PM

Hope you feel better soon!

I had enough squares cut, so they've all been sorted and will be sent out next week.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:05 AM

Oh Mercy, Sleepy Hollow....I have mine, but still haven't found the time to cut them yet. Maybe this weekend. I am hoping I picked small enough prints that I don't have to fussy cut too much.

The fussy cutting might be the reason I may only join this one once. We'll have to see!!
Old 03-02-2018, 11:50 AM

Fussy cutting really does take extra time - but is worth it! It really is frustrating to get a square that is really unusable because it lacks one complete item. I do try to check baggies and if I find a large print I check them all to see that they are usable.

Sometimes a print looks really cute on the bolt, but then get it home and put the 5" square on it and realize that wow - would be better as a larger square!

Good luck on cutting - I also haven't had time to cut - but have plans to soon as I feel a little better. Right now concentrating on getting food on table and dishes cleaned up. And maybe some laundry!

Last edited by rbwiese; 03-02-2018 at 11:53 AM.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:38 PM

Hope you feel better soon! <3
Old 03-03-2018, 12:27 PM

Thanks guys - I am beginning to feel better, it just saps my strength so.. Went to my friend's house today to visit a little. Stopped for a few groceries and that did me in.

Thank goodness, there is always tomorrow.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:27 AM

Well, rb gave the name of a different site I had never been on before, so now I am awaiting my delivery before I cut again.....okay....I could cut the others, but I want to wait and see if these might prove to be easier with less fussiness.
Is that a word? LOL
Old 03-06-2018, 07:36 AM

red - guess I can add that to my names here - rb the enabler! Aim to please!!

How is everyone doing on their charms? I think I over did a little last weekend and am paying for it now, it is a little hard to be patient and let my body heal. Don't think I can make the paper piecing class I signed up for tomorrow. Darn I wanted to learn from someone who knows how to do it - instead of just watching youtube. But like some other things - it just requires jumping in and trying something simple and building on that.

Let me know if I can help anyone.
Old 03-06-2018, 07:46 AM

LOL....RB the Enabler! Love it! You should have a name tag with that on. LOL. Sorry to hear you over did it. I hate it when the body doesn't do things like I expect them to do.

I want to learn Paper piecing, too! Big time! I started with a few hexi's but I want to do blocks. And I need someone slapping my fingers going "no, no....what are you doing....do it this way". I learn best that way. Must be the Catholic upbringing (although I never was taught by a nun). LOL!
Old 03-06-2018, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by redstilettos View Post
I want to learn Paper piecing, too! Big time! I started with a few hexi's but I want to do blocks. And I need someone slapping my fingers going "no, no....what are you doing....do it this way". I learn best that way. Must be the Catholic upbringing (although I never was taught by a nun). LOL!

Check into the Paper Pieced Kaleidoscope block swap" that is starting up. Fairly easy block but a good way to start your venture.
Old 03-06-2018, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by redstilettos View Post
And I need someone slapping my fingers going "no, no....what are you doing....do it this way". I learn best that way. Must be the Catholic upbringing (although I never was taught by a nun). LOL!
I did have a 4th grade teacher who carried a ruler around with her - and she was determined she was going to make me learn to write right handed - didn't work!