Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Accountability

hi April, checking in so I will get updates. Keep going gf! I'm sure it's feeling better already, woo hoo!
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    cheese brings parties together

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...HJV/weight.png

I made a little progress tonight. I am folding and putting in to bins as Ms. Mousie suggested and once all folded and off of my cutting counter, I will put them away and organize as I do so. I think this will help me greatly as putting away as I fold doesn't seem to work for me. I think it is because I am unsure of where to put it all. If I know how much I have to put away I can make the proper space and then go to town.
    Thank you all for following and helping me. I will be posting pictures on Thursday evening.
    Hugs
    April

Right on l.. I'd forgotten about the "bad" pile!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    Right on l.. I'd forgotten about the "bad" pile!
    So far it has one piece of fabric. Taunting me..yelling at me..begging me to please not let it's fellow fabrics become a victim of my bad days LOL
    Hugs
    April

Darned fabrics ... taking temper tantrums!

I couldn't stand to work only 15 minutes at a time. If I do a redo, I never move. I have to work on it until it is done. I live in a small house and I can't stand clutter. That helps me a lot.
    Just keep working and one day you will get it done.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    I couldn't stand to work only 15 minutes at a time. If I do a redo, I never move. I have to work on it until it is done. I live in a small house and I can't stand clutter. That helps me a lot.
    Just keep working and one day you will get it done.
    It's nice when you can do it that way ... though some can't give themselves that much time all together in a block.
    Other parts of our lives, someetimes demand our attention ... darn it all anyways!

Sounds like you're making great progress! I think the 15 minutes helps prevent the work from becoming overwhelming. Just a bite at a time will get it done.
    Sheri (zkosh)
    Those who can, teach. Those who canít teach get into some less significant line of work.

I so remember mine being like that, now as soon as I get material I wash, iron and put away in see through bins. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Quote Originally Posted by LovingIzabella View Post
    So far it has one piece of fabric. Taunting me..yelling at me..begging me to please not let it's fellow fabrics become a victim of my bad days LOL
    Hugs
    April
    You could work an extra 15 minutes one day and "win" it back, lol.
    I just hate to hear grown fabric cry!

I made lots of progress. Well maybe not LOTS by some standards but for me I did. I could not get pictures last night as my camera batteries died so I will do so this evening
    I plan on getting quite a bit done this evening and weekend. Soon it will be beautiful and so workable too!
    Hugs
    April

Blog Entries
    April-
    isn't it a great feeling to be getting organized? i'm so enjoying the process for me...how are you managing your fat quarters? i'm still debating that one.

hey, you committed to fifteen minutes a day and your doing it, so that's a big high five!
    I'm so very proud of you...now...about me...lol...I'm trying to move from one room to another, and there's no "committement", but I'm working on it everyday. I have more to do than you do...trust me
    It's going to be a whiiiile, before I can show any pics, but you sure are inspiring me, April

Can't wait to see the pictures! Keep going. Remember to keep in mind not whether something is nice but whether it is important to your life...

Miss Mousie I am so glad you are inspired. I will cheer you on all that I can
    twoxover-yes it is great to finally start getting organized. I love the feeling but still get overwhelmed at times. I had started to fold my fat quarters and put them in a drawer but then I came across MI Lates boards and I find they work perfect for the Fat quarters and fit wonderfully well in the drawers on these. I will post a picture so you can see what I mean.
    I am also posting a picture of what I have accomplished so far. It does not look like much but I now have a nice place to sit for handwork and to fold all those unruly fabrics if I need to sit cause I can't stand anymore lol

Thank you all again for the encouragement. This is going to be a long process but hopefully it will help inspire others as well and if I find any neat tricks or organization things along the way I will share those too!
    Hugs
    April
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm proud of you ♥Iz ... look at how much progress you have made and how organized you are getting!

I joined this forum a bit back and still not had time to fully enjoy it. I have sat and read all through this thread because I need to really tackle my whole house...oh, it is not horrible. Just we are getting older and I need to discard some things till our daughters don't have to do it. I was doing the little bit every day, and then had one of those 'storms of life' upset me so bad I just couldn't settle into working on it.

Anyway, this is an inspiration for me to get back to tackling things here. Hopefully I can check in fairly regularly, at least this week. Next week promises to be a busy one.

Rose,
    So glad you will be following along. I think it helps me to get organized if I know I can help inspire others.
    I am going to have to tell hubby he has to do something with the door to his shop LOL It looks awfully dirty in the picture. All of his wood tools, his lathe and everything are behind that door and it must stay closed to keep the sawdust OFF of my fabric and quilts. He is good about keeping it closed when he is working though. I just have to get him to remember to close it when he leaves the room, otherwise the dogs go in, pick up the sawdust and away they go!
    I have been making slow progress on the fabric but I am making it. I am working on getting the cutting table clear and top notch and then going from there. As soon as that is done I will take pictures and post them.
    thank you all again!
    Hugs
    April

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    I'm proud of you ♥Iz ... look at how much progress you have made and how organized you are getting!
    Thank you I sure am trying!!
    Hugs
    April

Quote Originally Posted by LovingIzabella View Post
    Thank you I sure am trying!!
    Hugs
    April
    And pretty soon the TRY ... will become TRY-umph!

Ah yes the Tyrumph! I cannot wait for that to happen LOL
    I have been working in there. If I could find a proper storage piece for my fabric my cutting table would be clear. I am out of bins and I do not want to put it on my nice clean couch lol
    I also have to find a way to organize my magazines. I was thinking the large 3 ring binders but not sure.
    I will post pictures again this week of my cutting counter. Hope I make lots of progress!
    Hugs
    April

Good Morning and Izzy...so happy to see you are making progress! Here's a money saving idea for you: I covered cereal boxes with fabric to store my magazines in. Of course I slant cut them from one corner to the other. I have 5 full of quilt and pattern books...and they are labeled so I can see at a glance where to put what mag. Works for me! have a great day and a productive 15 minutes! xoxo

Donna,
    I am thinking that is a wonderful idea!
    I am also thinking I may have a quilter's yard sale or something. I am sure I have two of all of my magazines and I am finding fabric I will probably honestly never get to use in my life time. I have other things I am finding that also make me go why in the world did you buy this or did you really ever think you were going to use that? LOL
    That could help me tremendously!!
    Hugs Hugs
    April

Yippee!! I made progress on the cutting/mailing table and you can now see it. I am so thrilled with it. I have made huge stacks of to be sold in a quilter's yard sale or given away and put the rest away. Here are pictures of my nice, clean top!
    Hugs
    April
    Last edited by sharon b; 04-04-2012 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Removed pics at request of April

wooohooooo!!!!
    Just look at the progress you are making ... you should be proud!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast