Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Accountability

Hey...nice job!...and a nice looking cutting table! Did your hubby build that?

Oh my! I did not realize those pictures had posted so large. I will ask a moderator to delete those ones. Here they are in a better size lol

I am proud E. It feels good to make progress no matter how big or small

Donna-Yes Hubby built the table. It had originally been meant for him as this room was supposed to be his work room for his computers but he moved up to the third bedroom and gave it to me. We had purchased the cabinets from Home Depot at a huge discount as they were getting rid of these particular ones and the top had been custom ordered but brought back. It only needed a small cut to fit to our size so we took it. It is a great height and the cabinets make lots of storage space for me. The one long drawer hubby has to fix as when Hurricane Irene came through we got water down there and it warped the bottom of the cabinets a little so the drawer doesn't close right. But hey, aside from the rare hurricane my space is large, dry and comfy lol

Hugs
    April
    Attached Images Attached Images

Way to go! A little bit at a time makes a lot of progress in the end.

Wow a big difference it is looking so good April, your doing great!!!
    It will get there and you will be so proud of your accomplishments :}

a small village about 65 miles north of NYC
    Wow, April, you're doing a FANTASTIC job there - when you're finished, you can hop on over to my humble abode and help me Seriously, if I were to post a picture right now, Hoarders would be there with a dumpster and a Shrink in a New York minute! I won't post pictures just yet but will take some, once I get really moving on this I will start a thread with the before and in progress shots - right now I have an 11+ hour day with my long commute, so most nights I just turn into a vegetable while making dinner and it's all downhill from there At least I've begun the planning, which is the hardest part for me, I am SO not a list-maker!

I'm going to try five to ten minute blocks of time during the week, longer on weekends. And I have to train my SE to stop throwing everything in there, he thinks that if it's mine, it must belong down in the girl cave. I wonder if a force field will keep him out of there? An electrified barbed-wire fence? Maybe set my Phaser on Stun?

PS - love the purple wall, it looks a little darker than the walls in my girl cave, isn't it a wonderful color? It really makes me smile just to see the color on the wall, gets the creative juices flowing!
    Last edited by MdmSew'n'Sew; 04-05-2012 at 08:48 AM.
    He who cuts his own wood is warmed twice, but she who makes her own quilt is warmed forever - SLR 11/7/2011

Quote Originally Posted by LovingIzabella View Post
    Oh my! I did not realize those pictures had posted so large. I will ask a moderator to delete those ones. Here they are in a better size lol

I am proud E. It feels good to make progress no matter how big or small
    WOW!! Look at all that progress!
    And look at that QuiltingPrincess!!!
    Here's wishing you a quilty Easter weekend!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ohh, april...love your counter and looook, it's clean! Doesn't that feel good? and a little princess appeared.
    You must be making wonderful progress, bc we all know princesses won't go where it's too messy.
    They have their public to consider...lol
    I've been moving some of my furniture to my new room, but it will take me a while to decide where stuff needs to go.
    I should turn on the a/c but I'm trying to keep the light bill down. Maybe I would get more done?
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    cheese brings parties together

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...HJV/weight.png

Power Poster
    You are making progress!

There is such a thing as too much of a good thing!!!

Your books and magazines seem very organized...I am sure you have what it takes to make the fabric match. Then you will have great fun using ideas from the magazines to sew up some of the fabric!

Linda L

I came across a silly you tube video to bring in some humor re hiding your stash of fabric. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKiiO...hannel&list=UL

that is so funny, sew happy, and she has some very clever tricks, lol!
    Her husband is a slow-responder, however, bc I am sure that if that were me singing etc. that is not the expression my hubby would be wearing.
    I'll have to practice my, "now-where-did-that-come-from", face and the "must have been a previous quilter living here, excuse

April, did you catch those tips? How are things going? Are you getting that light and breezy feeling in your sewing area yet?
    (sounds like me on a windy day when my dress tail flies up )

It's looking good!! Keep it up. Can't wait to see the finished room. It will be great!
    Angie S.

I am enjoying this thread so much, I just had to post to tell you that you are indeed an inspiration. I usually organize my quilting space just enough to allow for the next project, but there is a lot that still needs doing. Thank you for the kick in the pants you are providing! I'm looking forward to the next photos!

Blog Entries
    April I look forward to seeing your progress. Love your cabinet and counter space, very nice!!
    Rooting for your continuing success
    Helen T.

Just knowing you are working on your room inspires me to keep hacking away at mine.
    I got a lot done yesterday and today, but unlike you, I didn't just mess up one or two rooms.
    I'm trying to downsize and clean up a whole house now!

Wow Ive been following this thread for a while now and want you to know what a great job your doing .....must be great to have a spot so nice , i work from the corner to my living room to the kitchen table where my sewing machine sits .lol.I have one daughter thats totally into sewing one which will clean and sit and go through fabrics.cant wait to get my upstairs room cleaned for me and her to contuine some fab projects.My girls are 9 and 10 as of this april.Just keep up the great work it looks so great and I bet you feel great to. ~joejoe~

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4