Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bebe's messy sewing room

Your room looks fine to me. I like the doilies hanging up.

Love your room and it looks great. As I have 4 sqyare feet most of the time, I would be thrilled with all that room and migh really get something done. So hard with no room to do much work. HD has one room full of HIS stuff, a pool table in living room and it is topped by more of his stuff, and he doesn't do anything with it 99% of time. Enjoy and keep creating.
    Carol in FL

I dont think I will be posting photos of my "quilting studio" in the corner of my basement any time soon. My area looks messier than yours when I have finished cleaning it. I dream of having shelving and storage that matches and pegboards with hooks. For now I make do with my sewing machine on an old dining room table, my fabric in a bookcase and in a small shelf and the ironing board that I need to move when I use it. But at least its mine and I dont have to pack it all up when I am done sewing for the day

I love your pineapple on the wall very pretty. I know how you feel after working I clean up and then go back to work and some days it looks worse than when I started. I don't know how you can work and not have things messed up when working. Don't worry enjoy the sewing and clean it later. Sue

Love the towel bar! What a clever idea. By the way I think your room is wonderful. Perfect!!
    Quilting makes me happy!..

Blog Entries
    We are each our own worst critics! Your room is special... I can tell by the objects you have all around. I try to clean between my projects but if I'm to busy feeling all creative and stuff to do it, then I will catch it on the next break...maybe. You just keep on keeping on... a few things out of place will be just fine!

Blog Entries
    You call that messy??? I refuse to take pics of mine!! My sewing is all over the house........Living area, guest bedroom, and office/sewing room(and maybe a few tractor parts in there too). My sweet hubby never complains about my main sewing area in a nook of the living area, but if it keeps spreading, he may draw the line! lol

It doesn't look that messy. I try to clean up between projects. Or when I lose my last pair of scissors .

I like your room. Your L shaped work area is very functional, it says " sit down here and let's sew" lol!!

i especially like the little green vintage sewing machine peaking out behind your beautiful block. Is it a 185k? I just got one, its adorable.
    Never met a scrap of fabric or vintage sewing machine I didn't like!
    Many a lost and lonely vintage machine has found a home with me, 26 and------ uh oh lost count, who is counting anyway!

Susan

Blog Entries
    A good idea is to put up some shelving on the walls, maybe where the wall hanging is, and get more stuff off surfaces. I also use clear plasitic bins (they keep things dust free but you can still see through them). Another idea is a 3 drawer plastic drawer set under and to the side of your ironing table. You can store stuff in that out of site but convenient. Your room looks comfy and fun and looks like you have a very creative mind.

Einstein had a "messy" desk too! Your room looks like you are very creative, and busy with projects!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Quote Originally Posted by bebe View Post
    I give up I clean this room over and over and it never stays clean. I give up
    Let it stay messy and let me sew.
    A tour some of my fabric stash in wire baskets, books, patterns and other machines in my closet.
    More wireed baskets with my fabric, my green singer sewing machine.
    My Bernina sewing machine on my L shape table.
    The cutting tablechubby made for me the right height for me and easy to move has rollers and storage space love it
    Okay back to work in mymessy room.
    GOSH If our (my daughter and myself) sewing room looked like yours I would be delighted. My daughter has a small internet business and she sews constantly leaving little time for cleaning. She has piles on top of piles. I scold her to no avail. Sometime I don't even enter because the mess has overflowed into my area.

"Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned"
    Peter Marshall

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that
    take our breath away". - Hilary Cooper
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/2HartsCreations?ref=si_shop

Messy is in the eye of the beholder. As long as you can find what you need, have room to function and are inspired to create in your space. It should work for YOU and not somebody else.
    www.makeminepatchwork.etsy.com
    www.zibbet.com/makeminepatchwork
    "Piecin' a quilt's like livin' a life...The Lord sends us the pieces, but we can cut 'em out and put 'em together pretty much to suit ourselves, and there's a heap more in the cuttin' and the sewin' than there is in the caliker...I've had a heap of comfort all my life making quilts, and now in my old age I wouldn't take a fortune for them." (Eliza Calvert Hall, Aunt Jane of Kentucky)

I love your room. It looks like someone works and watches TV and has fun. Enjoy it as long as you can and don't worry about the chaos. As long as you can work comfortably, just do it.

Hey--your room looks great to me...what's the problem! As long as you can find what you are looking for! Just keep sewing.

Your room looks a lot more doable than mine right now. Everything from the kitchen is in the living room, my bedroom, the sewing room, even the bathroom has the coffee pot set up in there. My sanity must hold out for three more days.

I have a wooden sign on my sewing room door given to me by my DDIL that says "I'm Not Messy I'm Creative" . I like your room -- looks fine to me. No one ever puts "She was very neat" on a tombstone! LOL!

Hey, if your sewing room isn't messy, you're not using it or you have OCD!
    Country 1

great fun looking room, beautiful quilt blocks
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

I seem to alternate between "creative chaos" and "neat nothing's happening".........

I think it is really hard to be a "tidy quilter"! In fact one of the things I love about my new quilting room is that I have limited surface space to pile things up on (no spare bed).

Your space looks like it is well used and that's the most important thing in my book... sew on!

You call that messy? You should see mine!!!! On second thought, maybe not.

Blog Entries
    How did you do that darling pineapple??? I need a tut please. You canPM me. Drooling. Calla

Blog Entries
    What there is a room there? Calla

That is clean compared to my room, but I know where everything is and every time I clean it, I can't find anything. My husband just stands at the door, shakes his head and laughs at my mess.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast