Blah!!! lol!

Old 08-17-2013, 06:11 AM
Power Poster

I agree as long as I can still quilt I am ok!!!
Old 08-17-2013, 06:47 AM

For many years, Paula Nadelstern made her beautiful kaleidoscope quilts on a Featherweight on her kitchen table. If you aren't familiar with her quilts google her name. It's not the size of your sewing room, it's the desire in your heart.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:22 AM

I think most of us have smaller spots that we sew, and we still manage to create lovely things. A small spot is better than no spot at all. : )
Old 08-17-2013, 07:52 AM
Power Poster

Life always throws challenges to see how we handle them. Depending on you GS age sometimes they just really need their space to call their own. They just need to be taught to respect the space they've been given.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:37 AM

If your grandson was using the dining room or part of it, can't you now use that space for at least some of your sewing stuff? If you use the room for dining you could arrange to cover the sewing things with some pretty cover(s) when you wanted.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by selm View Post
If your grandson was using the dining room or part of it, can't you now use that space for at least some of your sewing stuff? If you use the room for dining you could arrange to cover the sewing things with some pretty cover(s) when you wanted.

selm - he is just in a playpen in the middle of the room, and I finally got that room cleaned out and arranged into an actually dining room, so I won't be moving my sewing stuff in there. I waited too long to have it haha!
Old 08-17-2013, 12:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MaryMo View Post
It won't be forever will it? Maybe one of these days your daughter and grandson will move into their own home and the room will be yours again. It will be difficult to consolidate but maybe you can claim some storage rights someplace. Hope things look better tomorrow.

MaryMo, my daughter is only 17 and still in school and then starting culinary school so she will be with us for a while. Probably 2-3 years at least and this is okay. I love having them here, we get along great (most of the time!) and my GS is just a charming little fellow and we love seeing him every day
Old 08-17-2013, 12:53 PM
Banned

I agree with you all , any space is better than no space...but now I have to pack and rearrange and everything all over again.....aaaaggghhhhh!! lol
Old 08-17-2013, 01:01 PM

Sad that you lose your own room, I know it is nice to have a space that is "just for your quilting" (in my case where I can just close the door and leave a mess). What a joy, though, to have your little man with you!, seems like when the grandchildren come, life goes by even faster than usual! We have a grandaughter that used to pretty much live here as a babe and now all of a sudden we are making appointments for sleepovers and she was over yesterday cleaning cupboards and blinds, etc, to make money to go on a shopping spree with her friends! Enjoy your boy, that is a wonderful replacement and its not forever!
Old 08-17-2013, 01:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Susy View Post
Sad that you lose your own room, I know it is nice to have a space that is "just for your quilting" (in my case where I can just close the door and leave a mess). What a joy, though, to have your little man with you!, seems like when the grandchildren come, life goes by even faster than usual! We have a grandaughter that used to pretty much live here as a babe and now all of a sudden we are making appointments for sleepovers and she was over yesterday cleaning cupboards and blinds, etc, to make money to go on a shopping spree with her friends! Enjoy your boy, that is a wonderful replacement and its not forever!

I know Susy. There is nothing better than when he looks up at you and just smiles like you are the best thing ever!