Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
check out those thrift stores >

check out those thrift stores

check out those thrift stores

Old 10-14-2012, 10:48 PM

well lets see.. I bought one of those white book shelves, its short has the top and bottom and one in the middle for $7 I've gotten some old tins for do dads.. for $1.. fabric bags .50 a bag in these bags there is usually cut up triangles squares..strips as well as pieces that are anywhere from a 1/4 yd to 2 yds. I got 3 frames for $2 each that my dh is going to make maginate boards for me .. I love going the hunt is sooo much fun
Old 10-15-2012, 12:02 AM
Power Poster

Heaps! Sewing machine for my husband, masses of fabric, batting, notions, a beautiful large vintage mouse (pincushion and notion holder), threads, needles, lace, ribbons, oh and plenty of really cool clothes and shoes (most never worn with the price tags still on). Oh and most importantly....lots of fun and the thrill of the chase
Old 10-15-2012, 04:03 AM

Some fabric, pink Atlas sewing machine in a cabinet for $10, handmade doilies and old linens. 2 wooden ruler holders with the grooves for $.59 each, patterns. Haven't been in there in a while, but I need to go and drop off some stuff this week, so I will cruise through and see if anything is calling my name.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:48 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Have ya thought about pawn shops for sewing machines? I saw one on Craigslist for the pawn shop for a Necci Sewing machine for 20.00.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:57 AM

Well as of the other day there was an Inspira quilt frame at Visiting Nurses in Centralia, WA for $200.00 had to leave that since my house is too small for my sewing already. But I have purchased lots of fabric at wonderful prices, a 301 for 9.99 a featherweight for 8.99, June taylors strip cutter ruler, a half frame for quilting edges, lots of thimbles I collect as well as sewing kits... I just have fun shopping
Old 10-15-2012, 01:33 PM

I am soooooooooooooooooooo jealous of you!
Old 10-15-2012, 01:35 PM

I loved all the pictures. Thank you!

Originally Posted by wildyard View Post
Oh gosh, I can't begin to name everything. At least half my stash; most of the rolling storage drawer carts in my sewing room for $5 or less; most of the orphan squares I have bound and other items I've decorated my walls with; shelves, baskets, other storage containers plastic and otherwise; my desk for $20, already painted and stenciled; the cd holders that hold my FQs; the clock in my sewing room. I know there is much more, I just can't think of it all now. Here are some photos.[ATTACH=CONFIG]369634[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]369635[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]369636[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]369637[/ATTACH]
Old 10-15-2012, 01:37 PM

I want to find something good at a thrift store too. (mumbled in a very whiney voice)
Old 10-16-2012, 02:22 PM

My husband and I love watching Storage Wars on A&E (I think) and HE spotted a box marked knitting and quilting tools before I did. I need to start watching the paper for estate sales to try and pick up supplies that an avid quilter or knitter had that the family can't wait to get rid of! I comb thrift stores around here but don't find many keepers.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:41 AM

I was in a thrift store in a few weeks ago, lots of fabric & scraps but gee what they wanted for them I could go to my LQS and buy for the same price. I was kinda shocked at their prices. I don't take the time to go to garage sales, just too busy but that is where I have in the past got great purchases. Really need to do that more. Today I am picking up a machine off craigslist like I need another machine
I am trying to get into a habit of stopping in the area thrift stores when I travel, but it is usually a time thing for me. Besides I got too much as it is, but who doesn't love a bargain Love reading this post