Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
How do you store your fabric stash? >

How do you store your fabric stash?

How do you store your fabric stash?

Old 09-10-2012, 10:20 PM

Thinking about turning my spare bedroom into a sewing room. I know it will get more use. Need help, any ideas will be helpful. Thanks
Old 09-10-2012, 10:49 PM

My sewing room was a spare bedroom - it had more light that the front bedroom, so at first I moved out the bed and made it a full fledged sewing room. Then a friend of mine had a murphy bed installed it solved everything. One of the old 'Simply Quilts" shows was about was about sewing rooms that can fold up quickly for a spare room. It was quite a show and the lady's desk was really great the way was she moved things around and it all went into the closet. I found the murphy bed made the most sense for me.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:43 AM

Wow...just call me Kermit lol I dream of having stashes that beautiful!!

I'm in the middle of a minor remodel and flipping bedrooms around and in the process I'm moving my stash into a bigger area so I won't have pictures for a while I'm converting my walk-in closet into the stash area. Bigger than a yard are going on foam cores I cut myself, yards down to 1/8thxWOF are rolled up and stored by color in hanging sweater organizers. smaller stuff is divided by color in clear plastic shoe boxes, an cut squares each have their own box....or at least that is what is will look like when it's finished!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]361947[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 319v1gpqy7l._sl500_aa300_.jpg