Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
I am not going to try this! >

I am not going to try this!

I am not going to try this!

Old 12-11-2020, 04:12 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewingsuz View Post
........how do you keep the last fold no matter where it lays solid. Do you put a small pin in it or what else? Thanks for the help.
I'd go with painters' tape. Less likely that it will come off than the pin might come out and stab you! Plus if you want to leave any notes (eg. yardage) with the fabric, you can write it on the tape.

........I am not going to do the fabric on the boards until after the holidays. I will have a big mess and I am still baking. I may do a few because I am excited.....
Don't lose your excitement or mess with your holiday prep. Let yourself do 2 or 3 per day. You'll see progress, save it becoming and onerous task while getting more excited ....... and pretty soon, you'll be doing 4 or 5 a day, etc! Have FUN!!! and Good Luck!

Last edited by QuiltE; 12-11-2020 at 04:15 PM.
Old 12-11-2020, 08:01 PM

I am late to the conversation - what boards & where did you get them please?
Old 12-12-2020, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Abashobbes View Post
Sewingsuz.... I'm right there with you! I just rearranged my sewing room and put these cabinets along one wall. I bought these ( see pic) from someone on craigslist who was selling his wife's stuff. There are 4 shelving units total. The comic book cardboard fit perfectly in those shelves. I can't wait! Dunster... thanks for your post...I was going to use pins, but those are perfect too! I'll be ordering!
Those cabinets are the bomb! I am SO jealous! Lol. I have a couple cabinets but they don't have class doors and I would love to replace them with something like yours. Enjoy your cabinets and remember.... Quilters all over the world are drooling over yours.😁
Old 12-17-2020, 07:08 PM

Tartan, Thanks for the suggestion how to put two rows in so when I finish all the fabrics I will put green behind green and so on. You can get a lot of fabric on the shelf if they are standing up.
Old 12-18-2020, 07:39 AM

I too have purchased 200 comic boards for my smaller cuts of fabric. I just have to do it yet and that won't happen until after the holidays. My stash is waiting for a overhaul and airing. It is that time again. Anything over 1 yard will not go on the comic boards. But I am looking forward to getting started
Old 12-18-2020, 08:06 PM

Those clips look fantastic. I have seen them on men's shirts before, but not thought about using them for folded fabric. Something to add to my Christmas list. Thank you for the links.
Old 12-18-2020, 08:12 PM

I just realized that I have a new family member who owns a shop that maybe able to get me comic boards wholesale. HMMM. I would need a huge number of them.

I have also thought of buying archival card stock and making my own boards.
Old 12-19-2020, 12:22 AM

Could you put the fabric on the boards standing up in bins that would fit on the shelf? Pull out like a drawer and then you can see what you have....
It would drive me nuts to stand boards in front of another bunch... I just got all my fabric folded and stacked so I can see/admire it after years of having it in a cabinet that was too deep...
Old 12-20-2020, 09:14 AM

I got my 200 comic boards in the mail today, however, I am not going to do the fabric on the boards until after the holidays. I will have a big mess and I am still baking. I may do a few because I am excited. My cabinet is about 44 in depth so I guess I will have to boards stack in there in depth. I do not know anyway else to do this. Any suggestions?
I bought the boards when we lived in the old house, over 2 years ago and still haven't done it. I think because I am ok with the way my stash closet is in this new house. They are too heavy to mail to anyone, I tried selling them locally but no takers. Oh well, maybe I will find a use for them.
Old 12-20-2020, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Abashobbes View Post
Sewingsuz.... I'm right there with you! I just rearranged my sewing room and put these cabinets along one wall. I bought these ( see pic) from someone on craigslist who was selling his wife's stuff. There are 4 shelving units total. The comic book cardboard fit perfectly in those shelves. I can't wait! Dunster... thanks for your post...I was going to use pins, but those are perfect too! I'll be ordering!
These are fantastic shelves. I have my fabric behind glass, too, and it keeps everything dust-free. Your sewing space is adorable from what I can see. Lovely place to create..