Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Ideas on notions organization PLEASE! >

Ideas on notions organization PLEASE!

Ideas on notions organization PLEASE!

Old 07-29-2014, 11:31 PM

I guess it kind of depends on what sort of notions we are talking about. I have a plethora of little notion type things. Like snaps and hook and eyes and that sort of thing. It was always a pain to find what I needed and no matter how organized I thought my drawer was, it always ended up looking like a junk drawer.
This will probably sound kind of silly, but I had one of those lazy susan type spice thingies that you can buy at Costco or wherever. I had used up the spices I normally used and had a bunch of jars full of stuff I had no idea what even was. It holds 20 jars. So I dumped all the jars and soaked them to get rid of the labels that were printed on. Then I sorted all my little things and each got there own little jar. It sits on a shelf and I can turn it to find the snap or whatever little thing I need.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:41 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by solstice3 View Post
Once I clean and reorganize, I can't find anything!
Me to. Why is that?
I use one of those wire baskets for picnic supplies,silverware,napkin,plate holder, to keep my scissors,pens, whatever with me at cutting table. Otherwise they are all over and in my way.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by Toni-in-Texas View Post
All the ideas mentioned are great, just what works for you best. I do have one suggestion. Labels......... I use plastic pencil boxes that I get for a dollar when school supplies go on sale. I label them on the front and on the top. That works best for me.

I saw some really nice storage boxes with a plastic "label" on the one end. You use a dry erase marker on it. I might need to stock up! Walmart...of course.

sandy
Old 08-05-2014, 10:09 PM

I have one of those stacked plastic drawers that are in different colors (Costco usually gets them in during January). I sort all the little things into drawers organizing things by color. I also have one of those pink totes that came out a couple of years ago -- I carry that between machines with things like seam rippers, small rotary cutters that I use as seam rippers, scissors, etc. The only place I have duplicates of all my small tools is in the kit I take to quilt classes. If I don't put things back I know I won't be able to find them.