Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Ideas on where and how you sandwich your quilts >

Ideas on where and how you sandwich your quilts

Ideas on where and how you sandwich your quilts

Old 09-03-2013, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by bobquilt3 View Post
I saw something on YouTube but I haven't tried it. The gal put newspaper in her wall, then pinned up the quilt backing sprayed with glue (501), smoothed batting on backing, sprayed it with glue and then smoothed quilt top on batting.
Things always look easy in the net but this did look doable.
I believe this person is Patsy Thompson. She does tutorials on FMQ.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:08 PM

Oh I hope I'm not too late to respond to this... I've been at my sister's after her back surgery...

Go to Sharon Schamber's basting a quilt site... it is a You Tube tutorial... she models the process with two small pieces of material, but I just completed basting an (almost) queen sized quilt using her method... sitting at a 6' banquet table (like the type at many churches?) but you could use a dining table if it was rectangle. mine is oval and that didn't work very well. (I was able to set the table up in the dining room by moving the dining table out of the way.) sat on my rolling sewing chair to work. Please go to her site... I won't baste any other way from now on! I know many who love the spray stuff, but I just don't (one of those personal preferences, I guess...) If you like your quilts basted and in a way that will hold until you're ready to quilt, then please check her out!
Old 09-09-2013, 09:11 PM

I use a ping pong table (purchased at a yard sale just for this purpose). It sits in the back of my garage folded up in front of the car and when I want to sandwich a quilt a just pull the car out and unfold the table, works great. I think I paid 15.00 for it.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:37 PM

Watch the S Schambers utube it shows he using boards. If you can get the width and board of that width only need two. Then you can sit and sandwich. Do you have a long arm machine or have a friend with one. Trying sandwiching on that .