Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Life after the flood

Blog Entries

Life after the flood

My sewing studio flooded 3 years ago, 3 foot of water. Loads of fabric thrown out. Now , I feel I can get it back. Stacks of fabric and lots of work to redo. I need weeks of work and have less than 2 weeks to do it. Stopping buying fabric, but need to give away or fold it . My church uses loads for fabric for Habitat for Humanity, , veterans, and children's hospital quilts. So they will benefit from my overage. Life begins again.

What a tough experience, but it can't keep a quilting woman down!! Welcome back! Enjoy!

Sounds like you're making lemonade out of lemons. Good for you!

We can't stop but continue to move forward, and it sounds like you are doing just that. Hard work, but it sounds like you have the backbone to continue. Kudos to you!

My goodness, that must have been awful!! Glad you're getting back to what you love.

My room got flooded several years ago. After the initial shock wore off I tried to look at it as an opportunity to improve things. I wish you the best of luck - dealing with water damage is a nightmare!

So sorry to hear what you have been through, but it is the bouncing back that matters now. It's good to see that you are regaining your strength and returning to what you love.
    "The great doing of little things makes the great life." Eugena Price

Blog Entries
    Glad to hear you are bouncing back! I hope You will love your new and improved space and sew happily ever after!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Glad to hear that you are moving forward now.

Congrats on moving forward! Good luck with your new space!
    Some people know how to put a blessing into any situation!

I can't imagine having to tackle such a gigantic job! Hope your "restructuring" will bring you lots of joy when you can see and sew again.

Blog Entries
    Ugh, Flooding is not a good thing. I'm grateful you are able to pick up your life a bit and start anew. It's good for the soul to have a win, after a loss.

My cousin was flooded in TX during the hurricane and we just had the big Thomas Fire here in Ventura County, CA over Christmas. My Project Linus group has been giving away used machines and a bag of fabric to quilters who lost their homes. Over 400 homes burnt to the ground, just in the city of Ventura alone. We get them donated all the time and our group leader's hubby makes them like new. Plus the Ventura Modern Quilt Guild went into high gear and made quilts for the victims as well. We got SO many donations it was unbelievable. We Quilters are Survivors.
    Jackie
    Lover of Scrappy, Chocolate and Wine