Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Little Lighting Suggestions >

Little Lighting Suggestions

Little Lighting Suggestions

Old 04-03-2017, 01:41 PM

Great ideas. You are so clever & handy. I do feel a little like Lady Diana but It would depend on the cabinet, like you said. If it is just a cabinet with it's sole purpose was to make your sewing or quilting easier & more enjoyable then I say go for it!
Old 04-03-2017, 01:55 PM

Good ideas.

I thought I was being clever when I bought a super-bright bendable mini-light for my machine. Not so much! Turns out my machine is not magnetic! Still trying to solve this one.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Lady Diana View Post
I would cringe at the thought of drilling holes in a beautiful piece of furniture, sewing cabinet or not.....it works for you.....
In what way would my particle board and formica topped cabinet qualify as a "beautiful piece of furniture"? I think you didn't read all I wrote before typing your reply. This is a purely functional piece, at least 40 years old and rock solid, but not anybody's idea of a precious heirloom.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Lyncat View Post
Those are clever ideas! You can make it even better by switching out the machine's lightbulb for an LED bulb.
This is a great idea. Thanks, Lyncat. It never occurred to me that they might make LED bulbs for an old model machine like this, which is a Kenmore 18023 from the 1970's. I know I could get a strip light for it, but I'm a little concerned that a bulky quilt would rub against it if it's in the throat area of the machine, and anywhere else it would just add shadows. The bulb that's in it is bright enough, but doesn't provide light in the general area, just around the needle. An LED bulb would be much cooler, and that would be a definite improvement.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by b.zang View Post
Good ideas.

I thought I was being clever when I bought a super-bright bendable mini-light for my machine. Not so much! Turns out my machine is not magnetic! Still trying to solve this one.
Try the Command Velcro strips to attach it.