Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Moving my fabric & sewing rooms >

Moving my fabric & sewing rooms

Moving my fabric & sewing rooms

Old 05-16-2015, 07:53 AM

QL--I hadn't made a scrappy quilt, well I had started a couple but wasn't impressed with them. Then I discovered Bonnie Hunter. Now I have made a few of them and love 'em. It feels great to use my scraps instead of throwing them away, putting them in a disposable pet bed, etc. Bonnie's methods are easy and encourage us to use those fabrics that are maybe not so pretty or are dated. Fabric is expensive, I like being able to use it all.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:32 AM

Louise, if you live close to me I could help you out a little bit.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:57 AM

oh my.... even in bins urs are much more organized than MY pile.......... i have a designated room (s). I love being able to just shut the door! good luck
Old 05-16-2015, 07:52 PM
Banned

GrammaNan - where in CO are you located?
Old 05-22-2015, 05:02 AM

Louise, You have made smile this morning. I thought I was alone in my stash overload. My Mom left me so much fabric it nearly tripled my stash. I don't have mine in see thru storage bins. Mistake number one. They are in solid color Rubbermaid storage bins. I do have a lot of handled see thru bins but not enough to color code. My project for June, now weather is better, is to get to the garage so I can sort all of it. I am having problems finding a local church group that will accept FREE material. Thought this would be a good thing to do with a lot of the fabric my Mom had. At this rate if my kids ever had to sort my belongings they would call me a fabric hoarder. What are your thoughts on making up pillow case kits for a craft and/or garage sale ??? I could take the easy way out and donate it to Salvation Army or Goodwill but would like to see it go to someone who actually will use it. Good Luck with your project. I definitely need to downsize big time........................