Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: My DH is Working On My Sewing Loft Space! Yippy!

My DH is Working On My Sewing Loft Space! Yippy!

Shhhhh....I don't want to announce this too loudly, for fear of disturbing his concentration. He's actually working on the walls and trim details on my sewing/guest room/office space in our loft. I'm giddy with excitement!

I'm married to a general building contractor and we started building our cabin/cottage on July 1, 2011. The loft was ignored while he has spent time working on other people's houses. (I can't blame him there. We've got to make a living.) I waited patiently and then not so patiently for him to focus on finishing the loft. My sewing stuff has been in bins and boxes that I regularly clean out and move around, trying to find a temporary place for them. It's been depressing to say the least. Now, I'll have finished walls to hang pictures, quilts and shelves, a new closet space, etc. Plus it will look so much nicer...no more plywood! I have loads of pictures and ideas for how I want to store everything...if I can just find them up there...LOL. Finally, a place for everything and everything in it's place! Oh happy joy, joy!

~ C

Sounds fantastic!

As kids today say...It didn't happen without pictures!

Watson

Blog Entries
    I’m sure it is going to be delightful when it’s finished. Don’t forget to post photos. Mendocino is one of my favorite places to visit when I go to California...I was there last October after the Santa Rosa fires.
    attitude is everything...the rest will fall into place.

Our lips are zipped! Congrats on finally getting your turn at a sewing room. It sounds like a fun project for you.

You sound full of excitement & you should be. It will be so nice to get a space for all of your sewing things. When our DD left home I took over her bedroom & have loved every minute of it. I was sewing on the dining room table before that & would always have to be moving it in & out whenever we had someone come over for a meal. I'm so happy for you!!!

Blog Entries
    Happy days for u ahead. Go for it!!

It's so nice to have a creative space to call your own! Looking forward to pics!
    Born to Quilt, Forced to work. Retired and quilting!

Good for you.

I have my own sewing room and I love it. I had to make do for many years. Now it is all for me, the last 5-6 years..
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Congrats...be patient and you could just have the sewing studio of your dreams soon!
    "The great doing of little things makes the great life." Eugena Price

You’re going to love it! When I removed the bed from our guest room to make it a sewing room only I was over the moon, there is nothing better than having a dedicated sewing room. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by mrsg730 View Post
    You’re going to love it! When I removed the bed from our guest room to make it a sewing room only I was over the moon, there is nothing better than having a dedicated sewing room. Enjoy!
    Oh..uhemmm...well...it won't be JUST a sewing room. Right now it is also an office and a guest quarters, as well as a place for my violin repair hobby. Things will continue in that fashion, except the space will (hopefully, fingers crossed,) be finished and decorated properly.

~ C

Power Poster
    Hope it gets completely finished soon!

That is so exciting! I can feel your joy from here!
    I love your recipes even though I hate to cook. I always pass them to my husband, who loves to cook!

Quote Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
    That is so exciting! I can feel your joy from here!
    I love your recipes even though I hate to cook. I always pass them to my husband, who loves to cook!
    Wow...thanks! I hope your hubby enjoys cooking them and you enjoy eating them.

~ C

Quote Originally Posted by tropit View Post
    Wow...thanks! I hope your hubby enjoys cooking them and you enjoy eating them.

~ C
    Yup- that's how it works for us