Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
New Organizing Goal(s) for the 3rd week of August >

New Organizing Goal(s) for the 3rd week of August

New Organizing Goal(s) for the 3rd week of August

Old 09-24-2016, 12:10 PM

Done! Having some accountability here pushed me to get it done. Everything is neatly back into my hutch and desk. It's so nice to see it all organized. I even got the bee block done. Thanks for keeping me motivated!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend
Old 09-24-2016, 01:25 PM
Power Poster

Getting the denim taken care of...yeah...now the other stuff so I can work in my sewing space...
Old 09-25-2016, 10:29 AM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Originally Posted by kay carlson View Post
I will make a roll of pre-made sleeving. This cuts my constuction time as the unit is ready to be quickly attached to standard wall quilts. It's so easy to cut the sleeve to size, finish off the raw edge at each edge and attach the sleeve to the wall hanging. I tend to use a good grade of perma-press musling for this item. Nothing really urgent this week. Relax, enjoy the moment and prepare the sleeves. Piecefully yours....
This is such a good idea. It will be my goal for this week. And cutting down the scraps from my last quilt.
Old 09-25-2016, 11:46 AM

Well, I got some things pulled for DH to photo to sell on Ebay, but he hasn't had time, so they're in a box in the hallway. But I also got a UFO done so even though I didn't complete my goal from last week, I got some of it done and I feel pretty good about things. This thread has been incredibly helpful to me in my ongoing effort to purge, and organize my studio and my living spaces. The bonus is that I feel more creative and can actually work in my studio when the horizontal surfaces are clear.

Rob
Old 09-25-2016, 03:43 PM

I have gotten tired of stepping around things in my sewing room (formerly DS's room and closet had never been totally cleaned out). I spent last evening throwing out trash and old shoes (?) and then today my mom and I traded a piece of furniture-she took a huge dresser from me and I took a 2 door cabinet with glass above and doors below from her. Have finally got all my furniture where I want it. Now I just to have to get fabric, notions, etc put away.
Old 09-25-2016, 03:45 PM

Way to go Becky, trading furniture is an awesome idea.
Old 09-25-2016, 04:55 PM

I found a whole file of old taxes dated 1984 to 1997 IN MY SEWING ROOM. Talk about hording! So I said out out out you go, I will never need you. I feel so much better. Your thread has inspired me to look in hidy places I didn't know I had. Keep kicking us in the butt. Things are looking better.
Old 09-25-2016, 07:44 PM

Jane Quilter: I found some that dated around those dates and even earlier this summer in my crawl space. I was planning to go through and shred the rest of those old files but I didn't think they went back that far! Lol! I'm glad I'm not the only one with hidden tax files. I certainly hope that's the end of them!

Connie
Old 09-26-2016, 05:26 AM
Power Poster

Lol...I have returns and account books back to the early 70's...I've thrown away receipts though...I'm thinking maybe kids will be interested in seeing our what our farm prices were someday...in whose dreams? I do try to throw out a big box of receipts every year from 5 years previous...
Old 09-26-2016, 07:17 AM

Your post made me giggle. No not everyone does this but it helps those of us who are not so good at putting away stuff back where it came from when done. In my case I am trying to make a whole bunch of stuff fit in my room that was gifted to me and I have a really small room. So I have been working on what goes and what stays or what will I actually use. Two I need some sort of system for projects that I am working on. UFO's that I am not. Orphan blocks that have no where to go ( now they do as of this week) and what to do with left overs and scraps. Also I find I am more productive in a clean laid out area and that's hard when my room is only 8x12.

Studies show making goals are good for people and making small goals can help you get started so its not overwhelming. That said my goals this week finish the three UFO's I am working on as I don't have any more bins to sort these projects into And finish going thru my scrap basket and get the rest of it sorted.

Anyone have good ideas for storing batting scraps? It's so bulky and I have been keeping what I trim off the finished quilt before binding as they make good practice sandwiches for FMQ but I am sorta getting a lot now

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Reading all these posts really makes me feel like a neanderthal. I don't make organizing goals, let alone every week! Didn't know that was 'a thing'. I guess I'm just a slob. I work on what has captured my attention at the time and when I'm done, I put stuff back where it came from and make room for the next project. But setting goals to organize... every week.... does everyone do that? I don't even set goals for my quilting.