Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Comic Boards and Fabric Organizers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/comic-boards-fabric-organizers-t279627.html)

NoraB 06-15-2016 05:13 PM

Comic Boards and Fabric Organizers

I hope it's okay to ask opinions on using Comic Boards or the other product called "fabric Organizer" that looks like it's more plastic. The price difference is quite huge. Does anyone have the "plastic" ones? Do you comic board users use 2 comic boards at once to make it stiffer? I'm trying to decide whether to purchase the comic boards and just 2 at a time when folding the fabric OR whether I should just purchase those fabric organizers a bit at a time...........I noticed they seem to have 25% off sales, but not sure if the difference is worth it. I can't seem to find out what the plastic ones are made of?

Anyway....just a pondering and want to know any opinions you might have! Thanks!

Maggie_Sue 06-15-2016 06:00 PM

I do not use either have my fabric folded and stacked on closet shelves. I am sure someone will respond with answers soon.

cathylynn 06-15-2016 06:15 PM

I use the comic book boards - Silver edition - and like them a lot. it's nice to see my fabric lined up nicely on the bookshelves making it easier to select fabrics for projects.

Jane Quilter 06-15-2016 06:39 PM

I have both, the plastic and the comic. in my opinion, the plastic is too thick. I now use only the comic, and only 1 thickness.

sewbizgirl 06-15-2016 09:30 PM

I use 1 thickness of comic book boards, too. They help stabilize the fabric so it can stand up like a book on a shelf. For larger than 2 yd. pieces I "ruler fold" with my 6"x24" rotary ruler, and stack those folded fabrics horizontally on a shelf.

KathyM 06-16-2016 02:27 AM

I go to the Dollar Store and get my boards, 1.00 each and you can cut several boards. Depends on the size you need. They work Great!!!

bneuen 06-16-2016 02:59 AM

I'm using the comic boards and they seem to work fine. It's been a long process but worth seeing the fabrics lining up.

Misty's Mom 06-16-2016 03:25 AM

I used comic book boards, then quit. Too much folding to get the fabric on them, then too much unfolding and adjusting to get the fabric ready to cut. Now, I just ruler fold my fabric and stack it on the shelf. Takes up less room too.

Geri B 06-16-2016 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by Misty's Mom (Post 7578301)
I used comic book boards, then quit. Too much folding to get the fabric on them, then too much unfolding and adjusting to get the fabric ready to cut. Now, I just ruler fold my fabric and stack it on the shelf. Takes up less room too.

this makes more sense...I never did use the boards, just ruler fold as mentioned....I can stack full height of shelf that way.....but each finds what works best....

redstilettos 06-16-2016 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by KathyM (Post 7578271)
I go to the Dollar Store and get my boards, 1.00 each and you can cut several boards. Depends on the size you need. They work Great!!!

What are you buying at the Dollar Store? I am confused. But curious!