Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   What are we organizing today 2020 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/what-we-organizing-today-2020-a-t308882.html)

Claire123 09-02-2020 09:39 PM

I finally cleaned up a bookshelf and over-the-door shelf unit today. When I finally got into it, I was surprised - they were in worse shape than I thought they'd be. So much dust! Everything was cleaned off and organized. I had a box of things that needed to be added tothe shelves, so it definitely required some sorting and pitching. Looks much better.

I still need to do a few others: the drawers in my sewing cabinet, a basket on my peg board and a bin or two, but this went a long way to making my sewing room feel cleaner and a more pleasant place to work.

craftiladi 09-02-2020 09:49 PM

Claire sounds like great progress-good for you and do you feel accomplished? :)

craftiladi 09-02-2020 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 (Post 8414750)
craftiladi: Great job of organizing.

oksewglad: That’s a lot of triangles. Great job. I will be watching for pictures on the forum.

I spent 4 hours this morning with a great niece and her distance learning. She only had a few things we needed to solve. She basically talked them through with me because she knows more than I do about Zoom and Schoology. I took my boxes of squares that I wanted to sort from my marathon scrap organization a few weeks ago. I trimmed when necessary to sizes I wanted and put them in bags by size. When I got home and after a long nap, I put the squares away. Who knew that multi tasking (listening to the teachers on distance learning and sorting/trimming the squares) was so tiring! It felt good to be out and about though.

Sounds like a day well spent for both you & your niece :)

retiredteacher09 09-03-2020 04:51 PM

Way to go, Claire!

craftiladi: It was a great time. She is a 6th grader and the youngest of the 3 girls. I don’t need to help out much anymore so these times are precious.

amyjo 09-03-2020 04:54 PM

I organized some of my bom into containers with picture on the side so I can see what is in there

rryder 09-04-2020 02:18 PM

Amyjo- great idea to put a picture on the side.

Last week I ordered two ruler racks to try and get my rulers in order. They had been living in two hanging pocket thingies that I made years ago out of some old jeans and hung on the wall near my cutting table. But after I got my Sweet Sixteen three years ago, they no longer worked as well for me since the only place to put the Sweet Sixteen was against the wall in front of the rulers. If I wasn't vertically challenged, it would have worked just fine, but I've spent the last three years having to stand on my tiptoes and stretch over the Sweet Sixteen to get my rulers. Anyway, the ruler racks came and I spent all morning rearranging a tabletop drawer unit to hold the rulers I don't use very often and then putting my most used rulers in the ruler racks. I can now easily reach them from my cutting table- Yay!--And- Why didn't I do this sooner?????

Rob

retiredteacher09 09-04-2020 06:43 PM

Rob: I’m glad you solved your ruler dilemma. Lightbulb moments do make us wonder why we didn’t figure out a solution sooner.

oksewglad 09-07-2020 09:13 PM

After long arming 2 QOV quilts this weekend, I decided to work on my own. Put the last border on the Stars in the News then ironed the backing for it. Also pieced backing for another UFO project and cut battings for both of them...next step is quilting.

craftiladi 09-09-2020 03:11 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I am constantly watching places like Marketplace for sewing machine desks. Like so many of you, I have several machines set up in my sewing room. But I only have 1 machine that sits on a desk that has that wonderful feature of being inserted on a platform where you raise or lower the machine so it sits level with the desktop. Well, yesterday I scored another desk that has that very feature. Not as nice as my 80.00 Koala desk I scored a few years back but that desk taught me there is no better way to sew. But along with that great find meant rearranging & reorganizing my sewing room. Here is my final result. I have included a pic of how the machine sits inserted in the desktop just in case I have totally confused anyone :)

oksewglad 09-09-2020 05:57 AM

Oh so neat and tidy craftiladi....thanks for sharing.