Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   What are we organizing today 2020 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/what-we-organizing-today-2020-a-t308882.html)

Julienm1 09-20-2020 02:14 PM

1. Finished piecing the scrappy heart baby quilt. Tomorrow will baste it and think about how to quilt it.
2. Spent 4 hours folding, sorting, fondling fabric in the fabric room. Why is it when you do a scrappy project the fabric just goes haywire?
3. Have to sort the odd pieces I found and decide to either cut down to usable sizes or toss.
4. Found several plastic containers AND THEIR LIDS to use for storage for odds, ends, and special, often used sizes of scraps.
....Now I think I have earned a reward. Wine sounds pretty good.
5. Have to clear off my sewing table.
6. I could go on and on but wine sounds pretty good...lol

oksewglad 09-20-2020 03:18 PM

Oh Julienm1...I feel the scrappy constuct pain. I'm almost finished with an improv baby quilt from GGGpa's shirts and there are pieces flying everywhere!
Today MrOk and I took 3 of the Grands to the apple orchards east of us in the Kickapoo River Valley (WI). Lovely day, kids in awe of the hills and the orchards after crossing the Mississippi over an older steel bridge.

retiredteacher09 09-20-2020 05:06 PM

julienm1: You have been busy. I agree scrappy projects make a mess.

oksewglad: It’s fun when the young ones value beauty in the land.

Teen 09-20-2020 05:36 PM

Busy busy.... everyone seems to be staying focused and committed. I’m doing pretty good about staying organized. One of the worst areas for me has always been all the different cords, cables and crap that comes with technology. Our New TV came with so many different cables and only a couple were needed. Over the years, I’ve stuffed cables from all the different tech equipment in a tote..afraid to throw anything away. I have no idea what all these cables etc. are for anymore so FaceTimed my nerdy nephew and we went through the tote. He was able to tell me what to keep, label it, and what to throw away. He wanted some of it so I’ll be shipping to him... Finally.... I always dreaded that stupid tote.

oksewglad 09-20-2020 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Teen (Post 8419347)
Busy busy.... everyone seems to be staying focused and committed. I’m doing pretty good about staying organized. One of the worst areas for me has always been all the different cords, cables and crap that comes with technology. Our New TV came with so many different cables and only a couple were needed. Over the years, I’ve stuffed cables from all the different tech equipment in a tote..afraid to throw anything away. I have no idea what all these cables etc. are for anymore so FaceTimed my nerdy nephew and we went through the tote. He was able to tell me what to keep, label it, and what to throw away. He wanted some of it so I’ll be shipping to him... Finally.... I always dreaded that stupid tote.

https://cdn.quiltingboard.com/images/smilies/smile.png LOL this sounds so like me! Except I'm not that organized, there are cable snakes in several hiding places at my house!

craftiladi 09-21-2020 07:12 AM

Whew...took the plunge yesterday and tackled not only the painting supplies but also scrapbooking stuff which was also spread all over the place. I felt so good after I got that done I started working on a UFO project.

retiredteacher09 09-21-2020 05:37 PM

Teen: Awesome job tackling that tote! Great that you have a nephew to help you sort it all out. I know I have some cords, cables, etc, in at least 3 places. Which reminds me, I saw an old cable remote yesterday and I’m going to grab it right now and then figure out if I toss it, return it, or recycle it. I will put the batteries in my environmental recycling box.

Great job, craftiladi!

Claire123 09-21-2020 06:02 PM

Decided to finally tackle my sewing cabinet drawers. It had been put off too long as I found (no kidding!) among the general you name it, labels for floppy disks and a VCR tape! Wow! I now have 3 organized, usable drawers! I hope to keep it up.

You are all working so hard with your projects... thank you for all of the encouragement and inspiration.

rryder 09-22-2020 02:59 AM

Good work getting those painting supplies and scrapbooking stuff straightened out, craftiladi!

Teen- we have a tote filled with cords also- that’s something I never had a problem with prior to the techno-revolution. Good on you for getting it dealt with.

Claire123- glad you were able to get those sewing drawers cleaned out- I had to laugh when you mentioned the floppy disks and vcr tape cause I’ve still got some of those hanging around too.

today I’m going to figure out where to put the fabric from the big box my neighbor gave me last week. I’ve sorted it into things that should go in with my quilting yardage, quilting scraps and fiber arts fabrics. There’s room for some of it in my storage drawers for each of those categories, but I think I need to come up with a temporary storage solution for the overflow.

Rob

retiredteacher09 09-22-2020 05:32 PM

Way to go, Claire123!

Rob: It is fun to go through donations though.