Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Starting over....again! >

Starting over....again!

Starting over....again!

Old 10-27-2013, 01:31 PM

You have made a great use of your space! All the little nooks and crannies are such wonderful conversation areas as well as being functional. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
wow, nice room, wish it was mine
Me too! What a great room.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:02 AM

What a fantastic room!! Have fun!!
Old 10-28-2013, 07:59 AM

I run a dehumidifier as well, I also have some windows ( very small) that I open when I can, which will most likely be in May. I have two banks of fluorescent lights and task lamps near the sewing machine and cutting table. My machine has fantastic lighting and that hasn't been a problem. I usually have a wax melter and several candles going while I am working, but that is for my own enjoyment. As I began to use the room more the musty smell lessened and disappeared. The basement is connected to the duct work and ventilation for the rest of the house. I have laminate flooring over concrete and used the best vapor/moisture barrier I could find ( got it on amazon) I haven't had any issues with the floor. I solved the problem of the cutting table by getting a Sullivan hobby table and I made my ironing cover for it. It stays folded when not in use and I moved the low white cabinet into the longarm room, where it is easily accessible but not in the way. Hope that answers your questions....the only other thing that has come up is my DH complaining that he didn't get any room in the basement...lol He can keep the garage!
Old 10-28-2013, 06:50 PM

I sew in the basement as well. The only thing I don't have is a display wall. I will have to figure that out one day. Love your space looks way neater than mine!
Old 01-24-2014, 03:29 PM

I have half the basement also. likewise, I keep a dehumidifier going. and we used moisture barrier paint on the cement walls, and floors. I have linoleum tile down. like to be able to Swiffer up dust and threads easy. pieces of carpet here and there. just put flannel up on my design wall today. I used sheets of insulation.