Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What kind of lighting?? >

What kind of lighting??

What kind of lighting??

Old 12-12-2011, 10:47 AM

Default Lamp

Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
I bought a "generic" broad spectrum lite and it is wonderful; from this online store: http://www.firststreetonline.com/Hom...ions/Lighting/

The replacement bulbs are reasonable also.

If you have an overhead fluorescent fixture, you can put the daylight tubes in those and get excellelnt lighting which will give you true colors.
I just this minute bought the exact same lamp on Overstock.com for $44.95 and free shipping.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:38 AM

I love my Ott lights.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:41 AM

I have3 Ott lightes, one for each area I work in and don't know what I did before them. They make my work bright and so much easier to see. Except when I embroider with black, no matter what light I use it is still hard for me to see inorder to do neat stitching. Merry Christmas .
Old 12-15-2011, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltedCritterLady View Post
My hubby wants to buy me a light for my quilting room for Christmas - yay! I currently have a few lamps (all on at the same time) that do not light the space very well at night. The brightest one next to my machine is so hot, I feel like I am tanning while I quilt! What kind of light should I get? I've been looking at the Ott lights on sale at JoAnn's. Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Big Lots has the greatest floor standing Ott Lites. They are just very low priced and look just like the really high priced ones. They are in the back of the store, by the furniture. I have had mine 5 years and just love it. I also use the lamp that clamps onto my machine. They are awesome. Hancock's has a tiny one very cheap. Joann's has a clamp on one that is large and has great lighting. There is no need to buy the high priced ones. Save your money for something else.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:31 PM
DJ

Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
I bought a "generic" broad spectrum lite and it is wonderful; from this online store: http://www.firststreetonline.com/Hom...ions/Lighting/

The replacement bulbs are reasonable also.

If you have an overhead fluorescent fixture, you can put the daylight tubes in those and get excellelnt lighting which will give you true colors.
Thank you so much for this link! DH just got me one for my birthday, and I love it!
Old 01-11-2012, 11:38 AM

You can buy the small ott lites that attach to your sewing machine and they are so good you could turn your lights off if you wanted. It has a little neck on it so you can angle the light to where ever you want the light to shine, like when you have to rip some seams as us quilters have to do on occation. I wouldn't be without mine.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:28 PM

I have a bendable Bright Lite on my machine which makes a huge difference!!!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 06:35 PM

I have been looking at Ott lights for years and finally decided to bite the bullet with a JoAnn's coupon. I have the smaller one that folds. I love it. It's so easy to move around my sewing room. I use it by my computer too. I love it.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:24 PM

What kind of machine do you have ? If you have a long arm have you checked out Deloa Jones site ?She has some awesome lighting that I really want!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 08:27 PM

Use or purchase your favorite lamp and put full spectrum bulbs in it. You will be pleased with the outcome.