what NOT to do

Old 01-12-2015, 06:46 AM
Power Poster

No way could I live in that situation. I know my limits.
Good luck to you. Hopefully there are no rules against that many people and animals living in that small of a place.
My Granddaughter just bought and moved into a house, they are not allowed to have anyone else living with them. Subdivision rules.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:39 AM

Sending calming hugs your way.... It's gonna be crazy nutz for a while....most of all try to keep your sense of humor....TALK to each other about "stuff" so that bad/hurt feelings don't fester. Assuming that something life altering already happened that caused the move in....so there is enough stress right there. Gotta take an "all of us" against the world attitude if you can. STAY AWAY from negative input / people....they are "vexations to the spirit".
I wish you all very very well....and hope that this turns out to be a "good" thing in the end.
Wow......How far we've come from "generations" all living together in tiny cabins !!!!!! But they obviously survived !!
Old 01-12-2015, 10:45 AM
Power Poster

At one time, several generations living together - or very near each other - was very common.

I do appreciate having a fair amoint of personal space - but I think we have lost a lot with " nuclear" and " single parent" familoes.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:27 PM

My 34 year old daughter broke up with her fiance' and asked if she and her 2 very fluffy cats could stay for just 2 months. That was November 15th, 2013. I have 2 dogs and a short hair cat. I don't like her cats at all and I am the biggest animal lover ever. One of them keeps going after my cat and my dogs don't like them either. You don't know how many times, I just want to put them in the microwave but, my hubby is always telling me to behave myself.
I have so much fur up my nose, I could make another cat. Karma better be really good to me. With her paycheck, she could have bought a condo. I am handicapped and I am in a wheel chair a good portion of the time and I am going out of my mind. I love my daughter so much but my husband retired after working at the same place doing the same job for 44 years and we are old and tired. Tartan, could you take them to your house? You seem like a very nice person. I will pay you and if you ever need an organ, I will give it to you. My other 2 daughters cannot believe she is staying this long. They are both happily married with wonderful occupations. She forgets to turn off lights and I have a handicap seat in the shower and everyday she takes it out, she said there's no room. SHE'S A TWIG, IF A STRONG WIND WOULD COME IT WOULD BLOW HER DOWN. Nana Cindy Lou, I know what your going through and I feel for you. My husband keeps telling me that I've been stuttering a lot. I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:58 PM

I'm sending you hugs and patience. When all else fails the library is a good place to go. The library here is very social and a friend and I have worked on quilts there. Also my library has a SILENT room where you can go and it's quiet. Hang in there and let the love from the quilting board keep you
Old 01-13-2015, 01:31 PM

As we say around here, "Ya do whatya gotta do!" Of course it will be crowded, noisy, and not much privacy, but it will pass. And when they do leave, there will be a vacuum of silence. We went through that over here and the void was awful. Take care of those who need you and all will fall into place. ..and you will be rewarded. Hugs!
Old 01-13-2015, 01:41 PM

My prayers and thoughts are with you in this situation. Hopefully this will be short-termed, but times are really tough in places to find employment. Too many of the jobs do not pay enough to keep a family in their own places.

Above all in your cramped living spaces, please make sure there is nothing that can be toppled over on a little one. A family has just buried their lovely 3 year old daughter this afternoon in a neighboring town. The couple had an older television set on a wooden stand. The little girl and her mother were playing when the little girl ran into the stand and television. The stand and television went over fracturing the little girl's skull. Please make sure all stands, free standing cupboards or bookcases are secured.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Scuddles View Post
My 34 year old daughter broke up with her fiance' and asked if she and her 2 very fluffy cats could stay for just 2 months. That was November 15th, 2013. I have 2 dogs and a short hair cat. I don't like her cats at all and I am the biggest animal lover ever. One of them keeps going after my cat and my dogs don't like them either. You don't know how many times, I just want to put them in the microwave but, my hubby is always telling me to behave myself.
I have so much fur up my nose, I could make another cat. Karma better be really good to me. With her paycheck, she could have bought a condo. I am handicapped and I am in a wheel chair a good portion of the time and I am going out of my mind. I love my daughter so much but my husband retired after working at the same place doing the same job for 44 years and we are old and tired. Tartan, could you take them to your house? You seem like a very nice person. I will pay you and if you ever need an organ, I will give it to you. My other 2 daughters cannot believe she is staying this long. They are both happily married with wonderful occupations. She forgets to turn off lights and I have a handicap seat in the shower and everyday she takes it out, she said there's no room. SHE'S A TWIG, IF A STRONG WIND WOULD COME IT WOULD BLOW HER DOWN. Nana Cindy Lou, I know what your going through and I feel for you. My husband keeps telling me that I've been stuttering a lot. I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel.
Maybe she needs to be told she has overstayed her welcome. Tell her she has 4 weeks to find a new place to live. Love is fine but enabling is not!
Old 01-13-2015, 04:51 PM

Thank you Nammie to 7, I showed my husband your posts and he wants to know how could I do that to my own blood.
I guess I will keep my mouth shut and hopefully she will move out with her 2 cats.
She is a manger of a 5 Star Courtyard Mariotte Hotel and makes fantastic money. Her best friend told her she could move in with her. My husband said he feels bad for her. She is 34 years old. I got married when I was 18 and had my first baby at 20 and by 26 I had my 3 daughters and my hubby and I are together for 41 years. I would never have gone back home. Thank you for listening to me.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:00 PM

I know what you are going thru a few years back my daughter and SIL lived with us for a year. My house is small also, plus my son was still home. We were crowded and I gave up my sewing room too. It may not always be easy, but in the end you will be very glad you could help them out. I agree with others, this is what family is all about!