what NOT to do

Old 01-14-2015, 05:30 AM

I know how you feel!! It's a Horrible feeling but Take it in increments and before you know it. There will be organization. I tried to move my sewing room in one day!! OH MY LANTA!!!!! I was so worked up I couldn't relax until I talked myself into spent small amounts of time working on it then taking a break and within a week my sewing room was exactly as I wanted it!!!. I actually moved it down to a Lower Level Bedroom so a Friend could spend the winter with us but that fell through so now I have to Live with my sewing room down stairs. Which is ok not as easy to get down there as much but It's Really organized
Old 01-14-2015, 07:11 AM
Power Poster

Bless your hearts..Good luck to you and your family..
Old 01-15-2015, 05:51 AM

Thank you all for the wonderful advice, well wishes and prayers. I was just a little overwhelmed at the mess and confusion when I posted.... maybe just a little overwhelmed in general. I can report that furniture was moved, rooms repurposed and happily my sewing area is much smaller, but so well organized that it makes me want to sit down and get busy! We still have some sorting and tossing to do (needed to do that anyway) but we are going one day at a time. There are far more blessings than hardships in this arrangement. (Not to say I won't vent again to you, my friends.) Thanks for listening.....
Old 01-15-2015, 05:58 PM

4 years ago my son asked if they could move in with us if their house sold before they could move into the one they were going to build. 4 kids ages 3, 5 and 7 year old twins. I said no. I was going to retire and then clean out the 3 bedrooms upstairs with 35 years of junk. The next day I changed my mind. I had 3 months to clean it out and they lived with us from May 4 to Sept. 24. My point. I loved it. The grandkids still talk about, "when we lived here" and my DIL and I cemented our great friendship. I pray you are as lucky as I was. And, I did very little sewing/quilting that summer. Good luck!