Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today (2017)? >

What are we organizing today (2017)?

What are we organizing today (2017)?

Old 02-23-2018, 11:03 AM
Power Poster

Sounds like a plan, Rob...wish I could follow along, but I am living a very disjointed life these days.

My sewing organizing plans are to rearrange my bedroom so I can move furniture from another bedroom to make room for my used LA that's coming in a couple of weeks. Can't wait to use it! I got a bunch of HST's sewn...someone else's cutoff's yielded 138 1.75" squares---16 of them will make a 5" finished square or 8 of them with some leftovers. They all have a white HST paired with a pastel or gray. Now to the next batch of pairs...these are half black and soft brights...maybe I can use them with the pairs I have just finished.

Meanwhile everyday life gets in the way!
Old 02-23-2018, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Sounds like a plan, Rob...wish I could follow along, but I am living a very disjointed life these days.

My sewing organizing plans are to rearrange my bedroom so I can move furniture from another bedroom to make room for my used LA that's coming in a couple of weeks. Can't wait to use it! I got a bunch of HST's sewn...someone else's cutoff's yielded 138 1.75" squares---16 of them will make a 5" finished square or 8 of them with some leftovers. They all have a white HST paired with a pastel or gray. Now to the next batch of pairs...these are half black and soft brights...maybe I can use them with the pairs I have just finished.

Meanwhile everyday life gets in the way!
sounds way more exciting than finding things to donate! Congratulations on the new to you LA!
Old 02-23-2018, 08:35 PM

Teen: Congratulations on getting more rectangles and strips cut.

Rob: A neighbor from my youth posted on FB a 40 day Lent challenge to do what you mentioned. It was donations of clothes, household stuff, etc. It never dawned on me to make it a challenge in my sewing area.

Oksewglad: A Longarm! That’s exciting and, yes, life gets in the way. The ice that you had and the snow we have had and will be getting mixes things up also. Lol!

I have been adding more labels to clear gallon bags for all of those donated scraps. I had some time at school earlier this week when I was on a break to work on them and again tonight while I was with a couple of great nieces. I thought I would get some sewing in today but I needed to fill the extra gas tank in prep for more snow coming tomorrow so we have enough to run the snowblower. Then by the time I picked up my 3 great nieces from 2 different schools; made sure they were fed; and got the oldest back and forth to work, it was 9:20 p.m by the time I got home. . But priceless time with the girls.

Connie
Old 02-24-2018, 05:21 AM

I cleaned my sewing room last week and made a pile of projects in plain sight that need my attention to complete. Im devoting at least 2 hours a day to it and actually making good progress so that encourages me to keep at it.
Old 02-24-2018, 07:06 AM
Power Poster

Had good intentions of getting in the sewing room yesterday, but did a little more sorting in the bedroom..why do we keep some of this stuff! Work today, but only til 3:00, hopefully before we get too much of this white stuff and hope it's cold enough that it isn't ice. Again!

retiredt...good use of those extra moments. Yes LA purchase is exciting...dreaming of how many quilts I can get done now....have at least 6 flimsies in waiting with backing and batting and some binding waiting. Some are just leader and ender scrap quilts and will be good for practicing.

Coffee's done...gotta hit the road.
Old 02-24-2018, 11:17 PM

Rob; like your idea. I think I'll modify it to weekly. I was considering doing a charity quilt daily, that's a donation. Decluttering: did a bunch of that when I moved my desk into my sewing studio. Looking around though, I could do more....challenging
Old 02-25-2018, 03:25 AM

Petthefabric- weekly might be more workable for me too...a charity quilt daily!? ! That’s quite a commitment, go for it!

Rob
Old 02-25-2018, 07:54 AM

Too tired to think of organizing right now. My son and I just did 3 driveways. He did the snow blowing and I did some of the top of the driveways with my shovel. Now he is raking the garage roof. 9-12” over the past 4 days total.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]589714[/ATTACH]

This picture is of my driveway. I’m the shadow with the shovel. Lol!

Connie
Attached Thumbnails 2495f733-2748-45f9-9631-129bc4f6fa13.jpeg  
Old 02-25-2018, 08:09 AM

Whoa, Connie! That's incredible. I hope you were careful. How does your poor back handle that much shoveling in a day?
Old 02-25-2018, 08:19 AM
Power Poster

Ugh...Connie...We added about 3" on top of the rain and ice. At least enough snow to cover the slick ice. Worried about perennial flowers and plants. I planted more daffodils last fall; that bed at the bottom of a hill is under an ice pond. I am so looking forward to spring and daffodils!

Last night got some furniture moved...now to get the church pew out of the downstairs bedroom into ours upstairs...problem is we have to take it through the walk out basement door and up the icy drive to bring it onto the main floor. Maybe that will be a Monday project for MrOK and #1Son...as if they have nothing else to do! Hope to get some sewing done today.