Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today (2017)? >

What are we organizing today (2017)?

What are we organizing today (2017)?

Old 04-22-2018, 10:11 AM
Power Poster

All this cleaning out and organizing makes me feel like a slacker...but I am looking at fabrics to piece for backings on a couple of flimsies I have...always something to do!
Old 04-23-2018, 12:43 PM

Ahhhhhh....It's all looking much quieter now, I ruler-folded all the fabric and now have it in stacking Iris drawers.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:45 PM

firewood today. all stacked so beautifully. ow my back
Old 04-23-2018, 02:29 PM

Got it all pulled out and cleaned thoroughly. Still putting back but with the purpose of letting go of some things. Lots of donation items such as empty baskets and containers. Having fun with it too. Few more hours this evening and then back to cutting tomorrow.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:13 AM

Found some things to throw away yesterday- every little bit helps. Today I will work on emptying one shelf in my non-sewing studio. And I will look for more trash to take out...

Rob
Old 04-25-2018, 01:13 PM

I spent the day cutting scraps into 7" and 8" squares, just to get some control over these stacks of fabrics piled all over the 2nd floor of my house. I can't see any improvement yet. Yikes! What a gigantic mess!
Old 04-26-2018, 09:33 AM

Sillysusan- every little bit helps. Keep it up and you’ll get those stacks tamed!

yesterday I threw out a bunch of stuff (actually put it in the recycle bin) and also put some books in the donate box. Didn’t get and entire shelf cleared off, but it was a groundbreaking moment for me to decide that I am not going to re-read every book that Faulkner wrote- Ikve been hanging on to these books for 40 years thinking I’d like to re-read them some day- that means I’ve moved them to 7 different houses... it felt good to decide to let them go.

today I am going to look through my gardening and DIY books to see if there are some I am ready to part with.

Rob
Old 04-27-2018, 04:22 AM

A friend of mine has a hoarder for a husband and they were moving. On trash day, she set boxes out for pick up after he went to work. He never missed it.
Old 04-27-2018, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
Sillysusan- every little bit helps. Keep it up and you’ll get those stacks tamed!

yesterday I threw out a bunch of stuff (actually put it in the recycle bin) and also put some books in the donate box. Didn’t get and entire shelf cleared off, but it was a groundbreaking moment for me to decide that I am not going to re-read every book that Faulkner wrote- Ikve been hanging on to these books for 40 years thinking I’d like to re-read them some day- that means I’ve moved them to 7 different houses... it felt good to decide to let them go.

today I am going to look through my gardening and DIY books to see if there are some I am ready to part with.

Rob
Thanks for the encouragement! I went back to the scraps and cut 6" squares also...

As for the books, I have shelves of old Agatha Christie paperbacks. Not as literary as Faulkner, but I can't get rid of them. I haven't reread any of them for years but no one would want them... old paperbacks... and how can I just throw them away?!
Old 04-27-2018, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by SillySusan View Post
Thanks for the encouragement! I went back to the scraps and cut 6" squares also...

As for the books, I have shelves of old Agatha Christie paperbacks. Not as literary as Faulkner, but I can't get rid of them. I haven't reread any of them for years but no one would want them... old paperbacks... and how can I just throw them away?!
Some folks in our neighborhood built something called a "little free library". It's a weatherproof box with a plexiglass door mounted on a post that is planted in their front yard near the sidewalk. Anyone who wants can come take a book out of it to read. No need to return the books, people are always putting new ones in it. Maybe you could do something similar with your Agatha Christie paperbacks if you decide you want to re-home them. It may be that they would be welcome at some of the thrift stores around your area as well.

I am finding it easier to let go of both hardbacks and paperbacks these days because I've developed arthritis and/or carpal tunnel in both hands and find it painful to try and hold a book open to read. Now I do most of my reading either on my kindle e-reader or on my iPad.

Off to find something to throw away, donate, or sell today....

Rob