Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2019 >

What are we organizing today 2019

What are we organizing today 2019

Old 03-19-2019, 08:51 AM

I spent almost three hours cutting scraps into usable sizes and shapes. I still have a Mt. Rushmore size pile waiting for attention, but at least I started.

It is kinda fun to go through the pile and realize what quilts I was working on when "this" section was put in there. Makes me realize I tend to go for bright colors and very few darks.

I think my goal for this coming weekend will be to tackle that last pile before I start something else. Well....it's a lofty goal anyway
Old 03-19-2019, 04:08 PM
Power Poster

red...you will get it done...and the fun will begin with what to do with your scraps.

I made it over my mountain of horse/cowboy fabric yesterday. Now to figure how many pieces. If I downsize the pattern I can make a toddler's size with half the fabric for a full size.
Old 03-19-2019, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
Today I want to choose a new quilt to hang in my Kitchen and put away several that are covering horizontal surfaces.

I also want to do a bit of garden organizing if the weather stays pleasant. It's time to weed in between the raised beds, rejuvenate the soil in them and begin planning what veggies I want to plant. Still too cold for many things, but we could go ahead and get the kale, collards and peas in the ground now.-- Might shoot for that to be the goal for the end of the week.

Indoors- my sewing studio is staying pretty well organized thanks to last month's de-clutter and organization. But I would like to go ahead and tackle a few remaining things that are floating around on horizontal surfaces.
And, I still need to find at least one thing to throw away, recycle, donate or sell.
rryder, I must say I am so jealous right now reading your post, as I look out at my garden and my four foot raspberry post are just poking through the snow, yes,still about four feet of snow on the sunny garden area. Enjoy your time rejuvenating your area and planting your cool weather seeds. I am still quilting away dreaming of my time in the garden, it can't come soon enough. Enjoy.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:14 PM

When I can no longer see my desk under mounds of mail and paper, I have a terrible habit of just tossing everything into a box to "deal with later". Today, I set the shredder and a trash can next to the file cabinet and forced myself to go thru about 3 stationary sized boxes (about 6 months worth). I got it all down to less than a shoe box of stuff I do actually have to deal with.

Then I went out to my car and pulled every last thing out of my glove box and sorted thru that. Now that it isn't filled with fourteen years of insurance cars and receipts for oil changes, I can actually put useful stuff in there!
Old 03-20-2019, 05:21 PM

I couldn’t find either of my two brushes for cleaning out the bobbin lint so I did some tidying up around my sewing, pressing cutting area near my machine. I have been working on figuring out projects to cut scraps for so I can make a dent. I think I have found a few.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:59 PM

I just got my order of bins for organizing my wips. I have twelve bins and each project gets its own bin (I have one that takes two). My plan is to not start a project unless I have an empty bin for it so I have to keep completing projects in order to start new ones. Hoping this helps me keep them organized, I’ll just pull out a bin at a time to work on them.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]610586[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 3b1632ec-d11a-45ee-93e0-9da79f66c7ff.jpeg  
Old 03-21-2019, 02:00 AM
Power Poster

sounds like a good plan
Old 03-21-2019, 04:37 AM

Pamela, that does sound like a wonderful plan and I hope it is successful for you...I wouldn’t know what to do with eleven projects or which ones to tackle first. I only keep to a few.
Old 03-21-2019, 05:11 AM

Pamela, that looks like a great idea!

Yesterday, I re-organized my stash cupboard so that all my large pieces of fabric...anything over a metre...are on one shelf rather than mixed in with smaller pieces and I put all my WIPS on another shelf. It really helps me to see what needs doing. I found some things I'd forgotten about.

I also bought another spool rack to finally get all my spools of thread organized. Now, if they'd just stay that way!

I have one big drawer of scraps and i cannot get another piece shoved in there....that might be my next job or I might just leave it until I start a string quilt.

Watson
Old 03-21-2019, 07:58 AM

Some of those are bom clubs, board exchanges etc. pretty much anything I’m working on gets a bin.
Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
Pamela, that does sound like a wonderful plan and I hope it is successful for you...I wouldn’t know what to do with eleven projects or which ones to tackle first. I only keep to a few.