Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2020 >

What are we organizing today 2020

What are we organizing today 2020

Old 10-05-2020, 08:14 AM

Not sure I posted this but a couple of weeks ago I decided to organize all the scrapbook stuff that I haven't touched in years. I was so gung ho when I started scrapbooking but my families lack of excitement when given a scrapbook seems to have taken the wind out of my sails & I just can't seem to find the motivation to finish the ones I started, My plan was to at least finish the ones I started then get rid of the supplies that are left as its all taking up a lot of move in my sewing room.
Old 10-05-2020, 12:58 PM

Dee, is it possible to kit up the UFO's with the supplies you need (like kitting up a quilt) and getting rid of the supplies that you don't need for the UFOs? That might help you reduce the amount of space it all takes up in your sewing room.

Rob
Old 10-06-2020, 09:52 AM

that happened to me also I got into memories scrapbooking did what you did and got rid of the stuff I had on hand none of my family was not interested
Old 10-07-2020, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
Dee, is it possible to kit up the UFO's with the supplies you need (like kitting up a quilt) and getting rid of the supplies that you don't need for the UFOs? That might help you reduce the amount of space it all takes up in your sewing room.

Rob
rryder that's exactly what I am working on-making up kits, sad how I was all gung ho about this hobby, but I only need so many of my own scrapbooks.
Old 10-07-2020, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by craftiladi View Post
rryder that's exactly what I am working on-making up kits, sad how I was all gung ho about this hobby, but I only need so many of my own scrapbooks.
I hear you. I've just started making handmade journals and already am wondering just how many people I know would actually want/use one--but it's just so much fun making them....

Rob
Old 10-08-2020, 07:28 AM

Finished piecing bocks for 3 little girl quilts last night. Same pattern just different color scheme. Cleared off my sewing table. It too has a tendency to collect odds and ends. Today will assemble the tops. 45x45 so it goes quickly. No fancy quilting on these. Just need to get them done. Going to Hobby Lobby and get 3 canvas bags that will coordinate with the quilts. Girls are cousins ages 3, 6, and 9.

Trying to keep the sewing room organized but always seems like a part time job.

Old 10-08-2020, 08:46 AM

Why wouldn’t u have made matching totes from same fabric as quilts instead of buying commercially made ones?
Old 10-08-2020, 10:25 AM

Didn't have to go to H/L cuz I found 3 blue totes in my fabric room. They are perfect. Just have to make pockets inside and out and done. They are made from that "stuff" that is not fabric, not plastic...ya know what I mean?
Old 10-10-2020, 01:58 AM

Couldn't sleep so got up. Have to be quiet!!! Have a pile of batting scraps left overs so trimmed them up, fused them together so now have bats in a more usable size. Probably have enough to use for two of the "3 girl quilts". Such a quiet project early in the morning....lol
Old 10-10-2020, 03:04 AM

I am appalled by what I saw this morning when I turned on the light in my sewing room. Yes, today, Saturday. With the clear eyes of a good night's sleep I saw the condition of my sewing room where I was trying to work this past week. It is time to clean up scrap pieces, put away auditioned and rejected fabrics and clean off my sewing table. Those someday projects don't need to be on my sewing table. How did it get into such a mess? It is not a surprise that I have been struggling with making choices. My space is chaos. Time for a 15 minute clean up and yes, run the vacuum and return my focus to the one quilt that needs to be finished. Then the next and the next and the next.