Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Beer tasting and quilting

Blog Entries

Beer tasting and quilting

Sewing Expo in Portland,Or. Is featuring a beginning quilt class for men( taught by men)...has beer tasting as part of the class! DH has signed up! Hope he uses a rotary cutter before he tastes the beer.
    he will not be operating my sewing machine!
    Life may not be the party we planned for,but while we are here we should dance!

Quote Originally Posted by francie yuhas View Post
    Hope he uses a rotary cutter before he tastes the beer.
    LOL! Better lock up your stash, too, or someday you'll go looking for a fabric you KNOW you had, only to find out he pilfered it for a beer mug rug.

What a winning combination--alcohol, needles, and rotary cutters!! Seriously, I'll bet the guys have a lot of fun.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I can see it now; a bunch of male quilters putting the pedal to the metal SUIs and "Officer says to sewer(aka machine driver), I pulled you over because you kept swerving away from that "1/4" seam allowance going into the 3/8 and 1/2" lanes!

Oh wow! I'd love to see that done here. My hubby might actually like it. Well, he'd certainly like the beer tasting part. In Gloucester Mass there is, or was, a sip and knit at a local brewery. Rocking chairs and all. It was great for the women to sit and knit/crochet and their husbands would visit with each other. We need more of these things!
    Kookie (Patti)

Blog Entries
    Ya'll have the best sense of humor. I'm rolling on the floor with laughter, and at the same time thinking what a great idea.

The first valid reason EVER for having quilt police!

Sounds like an interesting combo for men to take. Hope the beer is after the class.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

mac
    Oh, what a hoot! Two things I would not have thought of to put in the same sentence. They will have a blast. What a great idea.

What a great idea! We all know that men enjoy all parts of quilting, depending on their interests.....selecting fabric, squaring up, cutting....sewing....

Blog Entries
    *** Sounds like an accident ready to happen.
    J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

They should post this on YouTube, right next to Drunk Cooking...

I agree, jbj. Alcohol consumption and the use of sharp tools is not a good combo
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

Did anyone know someone who went? This sounded like a grand time. Just because there is beer involved doesn't mean that you have to drink to excess. You still have to drive home after, I wouldn't think that anyone would get too sloppy. My wife would like it if I went to one of these.

Blog Entries
    My husband took the clas. He was the only guy who actually showed up. He's very excited about making his first quilt..has a pattern,and seriously thinks he is going to use my stash! Yah,right!
    Life may not be the party we planned for,but while we are here we should dance!

Only one guy was confident enough to do something outside of the typical "guy" activity to show up. That in itself is a testament to our cultural boundaries. I have enough guy hobbies to keep me busy but my wife and I have always done many things together.

When we were younger, I made it clear that I would spend a lot of time in the outdoors. She could stay home or she could come along and have fun with me. We have spent a ton of time together on the boat chasing fish and doing other outdoor activities.

Same with my wife now. She is going to go to the quilt shops and shows with or without me. If I want to join in, she welcomes the company and another person to share ideas of quilt projects.

Tell your hubby congrats on making the leap and I'm glad that you two will be having fun together like my wife and I are having a blast together with the projects.