Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Going to Colorado Springs July 12. >

Going to Colorado Springs July 12.

Going to Colorado Springs July 12.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltgranny

I'll reserve the large table there, so we'll have plenty of room to chat and share. See you all there!!

Karla
Thanks, Karla, for doing this. Really looking forward to meeting everyone who comes.
WOO HOO - a sale corner? Do they offer discounts to groups?[/quote]

I'll certainly inquire about that.

:D

Karla
Old 07-06-2010, 05:55 PM

I'll reserve the large table there, so we'll have plenty of room to chat and share. See you all there!!

Karla
Thanks, Karla, for doing this. Really looking forward to meeting everyone who comes.
WOO HOO - a sale corner? Do they offer discounts to groups?
I'll certainly inquire about that.

:D

Karla[/quote]

GREAT NEWS!!! I have secured $5.00 off coupons for any of you girls that are coming to Nuts & Bolts Needleworks for the 1st time! YAY! Every little bit helps, right?

And, the Sale Corner has fabric for only $5 a yard when you buy at least 3 yards! Otherwise, it's only $6 a yard - quite a bargain by today's prices.

Bring your appetite for the Circle H Smokehouse lunch at 11:00. A wonderful variety of BBQ'd meats, fresh homemade soups and an awesome salad bar. They also serve a variety of burgers and sandwiches as well as full plate lunches which include steaks and some seafood. Personally, I think they've got some of the best steak fries I've ever had! YUMMY!! :thumbup:

See you there on the 16th!

Karla
Old 07-07-2010, 06:43 AM

WOW, Karla, that's fantastic, a $5 coupon. And you did that so quick. Yikes. Thank you.

5 more days and I'll be in the air for Colorado. I am really looking forward to meeting on the 16th. I hope a lot of us can make it. MMM, my mouth is watering for some good BBQ ribs. Don't forget to bring our cameras.

I can hardly wait to squeeze my kids in big hugs. My little GD is growing up too fast.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by burnsk
WOW, Karla, that's fantastic, a $5 coupon. And you did that so quick. Yikes. Thank you.

5 more days and I'll be in the air for Colorado. I am really looking forward to meeting on the 16th. I hope a lot of us can make it. MMM, my mouth is watering for some good BBQ ribs. Don't forget to bring our cameras.

I can hardly wait to squeeze my kids in big hugs. My little GD is growing up too fast.
Glad to help!! The manager of Nuts is even coming in on her day off to meet you all! How cool is that? I've known her and the owner for 15+ years; great folks!!

Great tip about not forgetting your cameras! Yep, this is one area you're definitely going to want them. Oh, and pictures at Nuts will be fun, too!

I know what you mean about missing your grandkids. Ours are scattered all around, none here. :(

See you and anyone else that can come on the 16th - not far off now!! :D

Karla
Old 07-07-2010, 07:07 AM

You girls still have time to make your very own "Secret Pocket" for your hiding your valuables while traveling. See here:

http://users.value.net/pirate/sewing...addy/index.htm

Karla
Old 07-07-2010, 07:25 AM

That caddy is a great idea for traveling. Have you made one?

I just sent you a PM
Old 07-07-2010, 07:27 AM

Thank you for getting the coupon for us. Really looking so forward to this.

glad you reminded about camera. lol I always seem to forget it.

The ribs are good at the smokehouse I have had them before. Just got off phone with daughter, she is getting anxious for the visit also.

I know what you mean about kids growing to fast. When I lived out there I didn't notice like I do now. They are already 10 and 12. Next thing I know they will be graduating.

Off to hunt up my swim suit daughter says they have a pool membership somewhere. A theriputic hot tub is off3erede also. My back will love this trip.

See you all soon. (((HUGS)))
Old 07-07-2010, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
Are any of you members of The Quilt Show with Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims? They tape the show in Colorado Springs. Maybe you could catch a taping of the show. That would be a fun thing to do as a group. Not sure how far LaVeta is from Colorado Springs but Ricky has a studio, gallery and retreat there if you want to check that out. Just throwing out ideas. Wish I could come.
I emailed them and they replied. That was so nice of them. But they didn't have good news for me - they will be taping in Boulder. :cry:
Oh well, maybe next time. But thanks for the idea.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by burnsk
That caddy is a great idea for traveling. Have you made one?

I just sent you a PM
No, I haven't. Came across the idea from another quilt forum this morning.

I replied to your PM, thanks.

Karla
Old 07-07-2010, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by grammo013
Thank you for getting the coupon for us. Really looking so forward to this.

glad you reminded about camera. lol I always seem to forget it.

The ribs are good at the smokehouse I have had them before. Just got off phone with daughter, she is getting anxious for the visit also.

I know what you mean about kids growing to fast. When I lived out there I didn't notice like I do now. They are already 10 and 12. Next thing I know they will be graduating.

Off to hunt up my swim suit daughter says they have a pool membership somewhere. A theriputic hot tub is off3erede also. My back will love this trip.

See you all soon. (((HUGS)))
You're very welcome. Hope you enjoy your trip and your visit with your daughter.

I'll be the one in the "Winnie the Pooh" navy blue t-shirt.

See ya soon,

Karla