Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
  • Going to Colorado Springs July 12. >
  • Going to Colorado Springs July 12.

• Going to Colorado Springs July 12.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:18 AM

My MIL said she will watch my kiddos, so I will be up there for sure. I have to be back in Aurora by 6PM, so I will get to eat lunch, do a little shopping and then I will have to skadittle on down to the Springs to get my kiddos before heading back home. I am looking forward to coming! See you next week.
    Old 07-07-2010, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
    My MIL said she will watch my kiddos, so I will be up there for sure. I have to be back in Aurora by 6PM, so I will get to eat lunch, do a little shopping and then I will have to skadittle on down to the Springs to get my kiddos before heading back home. I am looking forward to coming! See you next week.
    YaHoo - so glad you can make it. It'll be so much fun meeting everyone.
    Old 07-07-2010, 11:43 AM

Thank your MIL for us. It is going to be a really nice afternoon. Can't wqait to meet everyone.
    Old 07-07-2010, 03:27 PM

Ducky - did you figure out your schedule yet? Will you be able to join us, too?

Anyone else? The more the merrier.
    Old 07-08-2010, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by burnsk
    Originally Posted by quilterguy27
    Are any of you members of The Quilt Show with Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims? They tape the show in Colorado Springs. Maybe you could catch a taping of the show. That would be a fun thing to do as a group. Not sure how far LaVeta is from Colorado Springs but Ricky has a studio, gallery and retreat there if you want to check that out. Just throwing out ideas. Wish I could come.
    I emailed them and they replied. That was so nice of them. But they didn't have good news for me - they will be taping in Boulder. :cry:
    Oh well, maybe next time. But thanks for the idea.
    So sorry it didn't work out. Wonder when they moved to Boulder or is that where they've been all along since they left LaVeta.
    Old 07-08-2010, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by burnsk
    Are any of you members of The Quilt Show with Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims? They tape the show in Colorado Springs. Maybe you could catch a taping of the show. That would be a fun thing to do as a group. Not sure how far LaVeta is from Colorado Springs but Ricky has a studio, gallery and retreat there if you want to check that out. Just throwing out ideas. Wish I could come.
    I emailed them and they replied. That was so nice of them. But they didn't have good news for me - they will be taping in Boulder. :cry:
    Oh well, maybe next time. But thanks for the idea.
    So sorry it didn't work out. Wonder when they moved to Boulder or is that where they've been all along since they left LaVeta.
    I'm not sure if they have moved or if they are just doing it for this year. This was the reply that came from John Anderson:
    Dear Kathy,
    Thank you for your inquiry. This year we will be taping in Boulder Aug 5-11. Sorry about the timing. I hope one year you can join us. It's a lot of fun.
    John
    Old 07-08-2010, 05:02 PM

I'm jealous! Wish I was going there is just a few days! My son adn 6 month granddaughter live there and haven't seen them since November. Have a safe trip!!
    Old 07-08-2010, 09:27 PM

I'm not sure if they have moved or if they are just doing it for this year. This was the reply that came from John Anderson:
    Dear Kathy,
    Thank you for your inquiry. This year we will be taping in Boulder Aug 5-11. Sorry about the timing. I hope one year you can join us. It's a lot of fun.
    John[/quote]

It really looks like it would be a lot of fun and from what I've heard, it really is. I hope I get to go one year also. Oh well, have a great time in Colorado Springs anyways.
    Old 07-09-2010, 04:21 PM

Wow, wish I was there again. My husband had to go there on business 2 years ago and I took a plane one of the weeks he was there. Flew into Denver, rented a car and stopped at every quilt shop along the way to Colorado Springs. I mapped it all out before I left home. Then while he was working during the following week I did my own little shop hop. I bought so much fabric that I had to buy another suitcase to get it all home. I went fat quarter crazy too. Piles of them. Jim asked how much it all cost and I lied, lied, lied. What he didn't know, wouldn't hurt him. Let's just say I could have bought 2 more round trip tickets.LOL Man what a great time I had, and all by myself yet !!!! Wish I would have known about this board then. Look at all the buddies I would have had.
    Old 07-10-2010, 04:24 AM
    Banned

DOGGONE it!!! Once again, life gets in the way........

I will either be here in NC still.............or wayyyyy on the other side of CO :(

Dang. Otherwise I'd be there in a heartbeat!!!