Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Hi, any quilters who live near Manhattan Illinois? >

Hi, any quilters who live near Manhattan Illinois?

Hi, any quilters who live near Manhattan Illinois?

Old 04-08-2011, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Qbird
you are pretty close to Pontiac, you drive a long way to work, my kids went to grade school in Wilton Center, is the school still there?
I do drive a long way to work. Actually I'm probably 1/2 way between Pontiac and Monee. I'd prefer to go to Pontiac if I had my way as it's all Interstate. Peotone Road isn't bad 99% of the time, the other 1% it's icy!!
Old 04-08-2011, 09:10 PM

How did you ever land in Braceville, not much there!
Old 04-09-2011, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Qbird
How did you ever land in Braceville, not much there!
I lived in Melrose Park (just outside of Chicago) and job transfer took me to Joliet. The house we liked happened to be in Braceville. The place in Joliet closed their doors in 2009 so I now work in Monee.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:30 PM

Hi fellow quilter in Orland Park,
Remember me from a few week's back? I asked if anyone lived near Manhattan Il. You answered that you were from Orland. Just wondering where about in Orland? We moved to Green Garden (Manhattan) from Orland. We lived off 151st and 94th ave. Near the mall (just south of the mall).
I was just wondering if you know of any quilting groups in the area. Top shelf quilts is in Frankfort but the open sew is on day's I work.
Well, just wanted to say hi.
Carol
Old 05-09-2011, 05:03 AM

Hi gobygramps5,
I live in Peotone & work at the Gas City (soon to be Circle K) at 45 & Manhattan-Monee Rd. Top Shelf in Frankfort is my quilt shop of choice. Everyone there is so nice & helpful.
gramajo
Old 05-09-2011, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by gobygramps5
Hi fellow quilter in Orland Park,
Remember me from a few week's back? I asked if anyone lived near Manhattan Il. You answered that you were from Orland. Just wondering where about in Orland? We moved to Green Garden (Manhattan) from Orland. We lived off 151st and 94th ave. Near the mall (just south of the mall).
I was just wondering if you know of any quilting groups in the area. Top shelf quilts is in Frankfort but the open sew is on day's I work.
Well, just wanted to say hi.
Carol
Hi,

What a small world! We live just north of 151st and West Avenue. ( 4 blocks west of LaGrange). Just a few blocks away! When did you move out of Orland? We have been here 16 years. I wish I knew of some quilting groups out here. I have also been to Top Shelf Quilts in Frankfort once, very nice people.

Have you ever been to B&J Sewing Center in Bourbonnais? I was there only one time. DH works part time at a beauty school out there, and we took a ride out there. It's on La Grange and North Avenue. It's really a nice shop. Kind of small, but a good selection, and really helpful people. I checked their website, http://www.bjsewing.com and they do have open sew.

I know of a few others, but I think they would be far for you to drive.

Diane
Old 05-09-2011, 04:58 PM

Hi Diane,
Thanks for the message back to me. Boy, it would be fun to meet sometime. I work full time at a Dr's office in New Lenox. Kids are married (we have two) and 5 grandsons. It's so hard to find time to quilt with work and part of Saturday cleaning. Sunday were in church most of the day it seems. I have been at BJ's but just once. My daughter and her husband and two of the boys live in Lime Stone which is just west of Kankakee.
I went on line today to see when Top shelf quilts is having their next retreat. I really didn't see any date.
Well, thanks again Diane. I quess we were neighbors.
Keep in touch, okay. Carol
Old 05-09-2011, 05:02 PM

I live in Washington (between East Peoria and Eureka)... I have no idea who I am close to...
Old 05-09-2011, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by anglars
I live in Washington (between East Peoria and Eureka)... I have no idea who I am close to...
I am in Pontiac Il. closer than Manhattan and the gals up north at least you have a neat quilt shop near you
Old 05-09-2011, 08:17 PM

Top Shelf's retreat dates are 10/20 -23, 11/17-20, 2011
3/8-11, 2012.. They will be held at Camp Manitoqua on Laraway Rd. between Center Rd. & Harlem Ave. in Frankfort.
Sew dates are $10 (includes food, discounts & prizes). Sat. Sews are 5/14, 6/11, 7/9, 8/13. Sun. Sews are 6/5, 7/10, 8/7. Midnight Madness is 5/20, 6/17, 7/15 & 8/19.
The summer class schedule is available now at the shop.
Hope this helps.