I WANT TO GO ON A RETREAT!!!!!

Old 10-07-2011, 07:12 AM

Do you belong to the Missouri State Quilters Guild?
Every fall they have a 3 day quilt retreat. There are
classes available - one room available just for your own peronal sewing. Usually 3-4 vendors who set up their
wares to sell. Friday night they have a sampler , where
you can go from table to table and learn a new technique.
The week-end includes your lodging and meals. We hav
a great time. Check it out at www.msqg.org for more details.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:53 AM

Thanks bcap, I checked that link out. I know for me at this point I am more interested in a get together weekend with no schedule but spending time sewing on current projects and sharing and maybe a bit of window shopping. I am sure i would enjoy the other but it might be a bit overwhelming for me.....think I need to ease myself into that!

However I am sure there are more seasoned guilders that will be interested!! My past life was full of committees and meetings and I tend to run from that right now....hahaha guess I am still in recovery from my too many irons in the fire days!! Maybe one day I will take the plunge...
Old 10-07-2011, 08:36 AM

I'm not a committee person either. LOL
If any of you who posted here or just looked at the thread & are serious about a retreat, PM me.
I'm not sure if November is doable but I'm thinking early April may be.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by ljsunflower
Hey y'all!
I'm in serious need of a weekend spent quilting, eating & just playing with a bunch of quilters. If you feel that way too, keep reading.
I am new to the state of Missouri, close to West Plains. I would like to see if there's enough of us who wants to get together & can do it in the next 3 to 5 weeks.
It would be from Friday to Sunday or something like that.
Branson is a good place but there's lots of other places too. Anywhere within 4 or 5 hours would be good.
If you think you'd like to do this, post here with your ideas & suggestions.

I'm attaching a pic of the only Trip Around the World I've made. just for fun :mrgreen:
Every Feb. my quilt groups rents rooms at Embassy Suits for the weekend. We have 3 to a room and some people bring tables depending on what is it the suite. The breakfast is free and we each bring some food for other meals. They have micro wave ovens and we bring crock pots. You could go out for a cheap dinner or order pizza. Its not a real expensive weekend and we have a great time. Just an idea if nothing else is around where you live.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:58 AM

Come to Cook, NE if that isn't to far. Would love to have you join us in November!
Old 10-07-2011, 03:30 PM

this is in Mountain View AR.
Does anyone know anything about this place? Been there before?
http://www.ozarkfolkcenter.com/!userfiles/events/documents/Ozark%20Quilt%20Retreat%202012.pdf
Old 10-07-2011, 06:33 PM

We are going to Washington for our retreat this year...but my mom lives really close to you!!
Old 10-07-2011, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Ragann63
We are going to Washington for our retreat this year...but my mom lives really close to you!!
Tell your mom to get with us here & go on retreat!!

Here is a quilt shop I found in Mountain View AR. Is this the one you were referring to that would rent us a room to sew in?
http://www.quiltingbeear.com/

I'm looking at & considering a hotel for us to sew in. It's just that motel rooms aren't really all that big to begin with. How in the world would we set tables up in one??!!?LOL

I'm guessing that not too many folks here on the board want to or can afford to go on a retreat. That's ok. I'm not sure I can either. I just WANT to, ya know?? dreaming doesn't hurt a thing..... :mrgreen:
Old 10-07-2011, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by ljsunflower
Hey y'all!
I'm in serious need of a weekend spent quilting, eating & just playing with a bunch of quilters. If you feel that way too, keep reading.
I am new to the state of Missouri, close to West Plains. I would like to see if there's enough of us who wants to get together & can do it in the next 3 to 5 weeks.
It would be from Friday to Sunday or something like that.
Branson is a good place but there's lots of other places too. Anywhere within 4 or 5 hours would be good.
If you think you'd like to do this, post here with your ideas & suggestions.

I'm attaching a pic of the only Trip Around the World I've made. just for fun :mrgreen:
Hi, I live in Missouri, and I love retreats, am going to one next weekend with my guild. We get together at a church camp and sew, sew, sew.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:04 PM

There is a Quilter's Retreat in Mountain View, AR scheduled February 16-18, 2012. Just saw it on the Arkansas Calendar of Events. The admission is $225 based on double occupancy. It will depend on what the weather is like before I make up my mind to go. It's only about an hour's drive away from me but it is all hilly and curvy and that is no fun when there is ice on those roads. The phone number to call is 870-269-3851.