Kentuckiana Area Get Together

Old 02-01-2011, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Qbee
Plus....we are just throwing those March dates out there. We can throw some other dates out there too! LOL :D Now my DD is a senior so I know that May will start getting busy but how 'bout a weekend in April???
April would be better for me too! Does anyone go to the quilt show in Paducah? That's the last weekend in April.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:31 PM

Seriously though...if we do it as a retreat...I can probably get one of the ladies from my LQS to come out and give us a class AND I bet if we all go in to her shop together, she would give us a discount!!! Oh my...the ideas are SOOOO popping here!!
Old 02-01-2011, 03:58 PM

Seriously though...if we do it as a retreat...I can probably get one of the ladies from my LQS to come out and give us a class AND I bet if we all go in to her shop together, she would give us a discount!!! Oh my...the ideas are SOOOO popping here!!
Do you live in Louisville? What shop does this lady own?
Old 02-01-2011, 04:01 PM

I live outside of Louisville in Oldham County right outside of LaGrange and her shop is in LaGrange. It is called "The Gathering Room" and they specialize in Civil War fabrics. They have a ton of 30s fabrics too.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:16 PM

I live outside of Louisville in Oldham County right outside of LaGrange and her shop is in LaGrange. It is called "The Gathering Room" and they specialize in Civil War fabrics. They have a ton of 30s fabrics too.
Yes, on a retreat we eat, quilt, eat, and we played cards one night. We also go shopping at the Gathering Room, a lovely shop. Cheryl at Pieceful Haven is very nice. When we were there last year they were building another house next to the current one to increase the space. It is sorta like a three-day slumber party for quilters. Of course, it doesn't have to be three days. I think she said something about weekends. Scrapbookers also make use of the space. Retreats are so much fun.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Google Goddess

Please let me know when you are going to meet and hopefully I can drive down to meet all of you from central Indiana
Old 02-01-2011, 10:02 PM

Well of course you will know....I'll be expecting you to be at my house a bit before the retreat to help me get ready...ROFL!!

Originally Posted by craftybear
Please let me know when you are going to meet and hopefully I can drive down to meet all of you from central Indiana
Old 02-02-2011, 06:11 PM

Have any of you heard of Hancock Fabric in Paducah? I saw someone on another post mention it. I teach in Paducah Thursday nights and where I teach is write across the street from it!
Old 02-02-2011, 07:29 PM

Oh yeah...it is suppose to be HUGE! Alot of folks will be going to the big Quilt show in Paducah too. I tried to come up with a meet and greet for that week but didn't realize that you have to book room like a year in advance!! It is something to look at for next year though for sure :D

Originally Posted by EllieGirl
Have any of you heard of Hancock Fabric in Paducah? I saw someone on another post mention it. I teach in Paducah Thursday nights and where I teach is write across the street from it!
Old 02-03-2011, 03:38 AM

Oh yeah...it is suppose to be HUGE! Alot of folks will be going to the big Quilt show in Paducah too. I tried to come up with a meet and greet for that week but didn't realize that you have to book room like a year in advance!! It is something to look at for next year though for sure :D

Originally Posted by EllieGirl
I have a friend who lives in Paducah so if I decide to go I could stay there. If we wanted to do something like that we'd have to reserve rooms now for 2012! I think I may leave for class early a d go to Hancock's just to look around. I looked at their catalogue and they have awesome looking baticks.