Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat >

NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat

NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat

Old 05-31-2011, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by candlequilter
Originally Posted by Wine Woman
Oops! I forgot to ask-since some of us like wine which I never leave home without - these are my selections and would like to know what everyone enjoys. They are all reds and when I say fruity they are not sweet fruity like other wines it means no oak and the flavors are all from the grape only- Sangiovese (the lightest of the reds and alot of fruit) Barbera (a bigger red than the Sangio) Pinot Noir, Syrah (big bold fruity, jammy) Cab Sauv (full body for the serious wine drinker!) and a yummy dessert wine! Feel free to PM me if you would like. I know last year we tended to gravitate more to the Sangiovese. I am also doing a Costco run tomorrow for additional food items it there is anything anyone would like me to pick up I will! It will be an early morning run!

I really don't know much at all about wine. But with that said I was wondering if these are all of yo ur own label. If so I would like to buy a bottle (or 2) from you to take 1 to my daughter on my way home (she lives there in Lake Oswego). I know that she loves red wines. I love the name of your winery. How far is it from Lincoln City?

Thanks and looking forward to meeting everyone.
Sherryl
Candlequilter
Yes they are our own label and will be more than happy to accommadate you and your daughter!! I'll make sure I have an extra or two!
Old 05-31-2011, 12:52 PM

Can we go now,can we go now!
Old 05-31-2011, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by cbridges22
I'm ready! I'm ready! Let's go!
Old 05-31-2011, 02:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Feathers
Originally Posted by cbridges22
I'm ready! I'm ready! Let's go!
Ditto for me. Oh shucks I have to wait because I have to pick up the DH from the airport Wednesday evening before I can leave first thing Thursday morning. If it isn't one thing it is another.

41 hours and counting,
Sherryl
Candlequilter
Old 05-31-2011, 04:55 PM

I just heard that Bluelady can't join us! :( Please no more cancellations! We want to have a party!
Old 05-31-2011, 07:28 PM
Banned

Karen, do you know if the house has WiFi in it? If so I will need to bring my laptop so that I can keep up with all the questions and comments about the Candlequilter Star block pattern. But if it doesn't I don't really want to pack the laptop all that way.

Thanks alot,
Sherryl
Candlequilter
Old 05-31-2011, 08:22 PM

So sad to hear of another cancellation. Hope Bluelady can join us another time.

I have some orphan blocks I'm going to bring and they'll be freebies to anyone who'd like them. They're extras I acquired during several swaps over the past 2 years and didn't work into the final plans for those quilts. In the time I've had them, I've had no inspiration for what to do with them so I'd like to offer them up for someone else to take. Sad to have them lay around in a box when they could have great potential.

Looks like I can leave about 9am Friday morning. Should be there by lunchtime (which from the food list sounds like that will last from breakfast until suppertime!). I've never been to The Quilted Hill in Yamhill. Is it too much off the beaten path to make it worth my time on my drive over?
Old 05-31-2011, 08:51 PM

Sew cornie, I don't feel it is too far off the beaten path! Its such a lovely quilt store I would take advantage of it. However, they will be having a sale within the next couple of weeks. I should probably look at their website for all the details. Have a lot of fun shopping if you do stop!

I went ahead and picked up some paper plates and napkins today so we don't have to wash so many dishes! Have a safe trip everyone!
Old 05-31-2011, 09:06 PM

Thanks Cindy. The next few weeks are really busy for me so this may be my only chance for a while. I'll check out their website anyway.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:19 AM

Here it is almost 4:30 am and I have not been to bed yet, and am not really thinking I could get to sleep yet. this being mixed up like this is terrible. I am sure now I made the right decision in trying to get myself straightend out and having to skip my most looked forward to quilting retreat. I don't think I could safely drive there and back. you all have lots of extra fun for me.