Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat >

NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat

NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat

Old 04-10-2011, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
I've heard from UglyCook, Lilrain, Bluelady, 2Doods, and Feathers as going! Anybody I've missed?

Feathers, you are welcome to invite more people! I'm thinking I'd like to try the house that holds 22 but we would need at least 8-10 people to make that work. There would be room for the snorers there! :) FYI~There are stairs at both homes.
I might be able to come up with an extra 2 or 3 people but it sort of depends on the costs for the house. Several of our quilt group are single or widowed who don't have alot of extra money so before asking them I'd like to have a ball park figure of the cost per night for each person. Thank you.
I'm a snorer too and I don't sleep much so I'd probably do better in a room by myself if possible. I would also take a couch in the living room so as not to disturb others.

Let me know when you want the money to rent the place. I'm so excited. I can't wait., Thanks for arranging this for us, Karen.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:07 AM

I did see the notice for this and just posted a reply this morning. I would love to go but a lot is going to depend on money and when it will be happening.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:15 AM

Sorry ladies, I won't be able to come. Ohhhh, you'll have a great time and get so much accomplished! I'm GREEN with envy! :-)
Old 04-10-2011, 09:28 AM

Just wondering if the price doesn't go way up after Memorial Day like motels?
Old 04-10-2011, 09:44 AM

For a minimum of 8 people the rate is $55 a night at the bigger house. If there are more people, the rate would go down since we can split the cost even more. There wouldn't be enough separate bedrooms for each to have their own but I think for two nights we could all survive a little sleeplessness! If you could only afford one night, that's okay too! There is parking for 6-10 cars.

At the smaller house, there is less sleeping space but the cost is a little less because I can get a friend discount with the owner. Parking for 4 cars only and max of 12 friendly people.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:16 AM

That is not bad at all. But, unfortunately, I am old and do need some sleep, hehehe
Old 04-10-2011, 10:24 AM

I will be driving down from the Seatac airport area in a mini van and would be happy to carpool. Probably 4 of us with our "stuff" will fit just fine. So if getting there is your only hurdle....
Old 04-10-2011, 01:47 PM

I was in a hurry before church when I posted! My math? Horrible! It would be $40 a night or less for the bigger house depending on how many we have. The price goes down quite a bit for every person we have over 8. There are stairs in the house, parking for 6-8 cars, beach is a couple of blocks and you will need to bring a sleeping bag or linens/blanket and towels. They keep the rate down by not providing these basics! Every other house I looked at for the same size started at $500+ a night!

I still haven't reserved the house but should probably do so this week as I see other dates are filling up! If I have 8 people, or more, I'll do it right away! You can pay me at the retreat. If for some reason you can't come after committing to go, you'll need to find someone else to take your place or send me the money anyway!
Old 04-10-2011, 04:54 PM

I want to be included, Karen. The first weekend in June works for me. The last is out. I have the money for my part what do we want to do about food? How about each of us take a meal to plan?
Old 04-10-2011, 05:13 PM

Hi Karen, I just talked to my friend PattyJo and she wants to go with us. She lives just down the road from me so please count her in.