Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat >

NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat

NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat

Old 04-14-2011, 11:04 AM

Quilttiludrop, that sounds good to me! I can bring salad stuff!

I just got notification that by purchasing two nights we also get a free night! Anyone interested in staying a 3rd night? If so, Thursday or Sunday? Let me know and I'd be happy to let the owner know. I would say Thursday myself, that way we could get into the house earlier on Friday and have that much more time to sew on Friday! I'm taking a poll here!
Old 04-14-2011, 11:48 AM

Yes I would go for another night thursday sounds good to me. I will send you a check right away. Trish
Old 04-14-2011, 10:15 PM

I'm good with going on Thursday but I wouldn't be able to go until after I get off work. I work in Sherwood so that would work for me. I'm thinking I'll bring stuff for salads and share with whoever wants some. Of course I'll bring what snacks I want for myself and share that too.

This is gonna be so much fun!
Old 04-15-2011, 06:47 AM

I will reserve the Thursday night as well. Those who can get away are welcome to go then. If you can't get away that early, please join us whatever time on Friday works for you! I have indicated that we might have up to 10 cars so we should be fine if even 2 or 3 of us carpool.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:51 AM

Thursday sounds good to me. I'll be working until 4:30ish and can take off from Carlton then. I'm only 45 min. from LC from there!! Oooohhh so close!
Old 04-15-2011, 11:55 AM

Okay quilters, I just read in detail the rental agreement and I have to have the money mailed next week to the owner! I'd really appreciate it if you could get your checks to me asap! I will keep track of how much everyone has paid and will refund any differences! The total (at the moment) is $70 for the entire weekend. I've asked for the house to include Thursday night as well (since it was free!). I would like all to send me a firm commitment via a PM please! I have money in hand from SewCornie, thanks!
Old 04-15-2011, 12:47 PM

Sounds like there won't be any lack of food, but I wonder if there are a few other necessities that we may need? Karen, do you know what kind of table space there is for us to set up our machines on? Do you think we will need any long folding tables? Do you know if there is room in the house to set any up? Do you think we'll need folding chairs too? I'm able to bring my ironing board, iron, and cutting mat for all to share, but the only table I have is a small square one (smaller than a regular card table). And I probably will come on Friday, not Thursday.

On a completely different note, Craft Warehouse (located on 185th/Walker Rd., Beaverton) is closing. Everything is in liquidation. I was in there a couple of days ago and their bolt fabric was 30% off, flat folds were $6/yd., and fabric bundles were 20% off. I haven't bought anything yet. Seems kind of silly when I have 40% off coupons to Joann's and Fabric Depot to buy liquidation fabric at the current rate. But I'm going to keep an eye on the discounts because their fabric is nice quality. There was still lots to choose from earlier this week.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:32 PM

Karen-I dropped off my check at the post office today. You should have it in a day or so. If I am able to get Friday off, I would like to head down on Thursday. More sewing time.

Jen-
I just got home from a trip to Craft Warehouse. I didn't know they were closing! It is a lease thing and they are trying to find a new location not too far from where they are. The clerk said Beaverton, Tigard area. Probably not Hillsboro because they are looking for more of a mall setting. They didn't have the fabric I needed but I still brought some home. It will only be on sale until Sunday. Then the clerk didn't know what they would do with the prices. The cashier was in tears when I checked out. Said she loves her job and they are her family. Hope they find a new location soon!
Old 04-15-2011, 02:43 PM

I've not used this house but from the pictures and descriptions there is a 10 foot table in the dining room, LR has about as much as the last house and there is a family room with more space and a counter. I would say we probably don't need to bring any tables. No idea if there is an ironing board there or not but both Faith and I have a travel one if you don't.

Jen, I felt the same about the fabrics. I went to Joann's today and found pretty decent pieces for $1.50 a yard. The fabrics at CW would really have to be calling my name! I did buy some yoyo makers though! Like you I will continue to watch the sale.

Thanks Alice!
Old 04-17-2011, 03:13 PM

How can I have missed out on all of this conversation? I will mail my check tomorrow! I posted a link in another thread for WA quilters.

Sounds like some of you are old friends. I'll just sit quietly and sew, then. Haha, like I could resist talking to quilters!