OREGON/WASHINGTON FALL RETREAT

Old 09-24-2011, 08:41 AM

Cindy, I understand your point but I'm actually quite entertained! No ear plugs needed! :) If you want, when we see someone new on the board, we can send them a link until the spots are filled...

Jen, I've done Scouting and there are training sessions more than once a year! Hint, hint...

Winewoman, I'm glad that you got to go! I think between the two days, I spent around 6 hours! We also picked up tickets for the Puyallap show in Nov!
Old 09-24-2011, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
Jen- Anything we can do to help with your schedule so you can make it? What about Thurs/Fri and head back for the boys meeting? It would be so nice to have you there.

Thanks, but it just won't work this time. Cub Scout field trip on Thursday, volunteer in Kindergarten on Friday, birthday date with my DH on Friday night and training on Saturday. Busy busy weekend, but all good stuff.

Went to the Quilt Expo today - what a beautiful show!
Old 09-25-2011, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
Sandy - Whaaaaatttttt??????????? You're not making it? What's up with this? I'm so sorry - I was looking forward to you being with all of us. Maybe things will quiet down a bit for you and you and tom turkey will be able to join us! Even if Tom can't come we want you too!

Jen- Anything we can do to help with your schedule so you can make it? What about Thurs/Fri and head back for the boys meeting? It would be so nice to have you there.

Cindy-I don't mind paying a bit more. Although there has been several from OR/WA joining the board lately! It's always nice to get to know others too!

Karen-I went yesterday to the NW Quilting Expo. It sure was a lot of fun. I intended to spend just a few hours and ended up staying most of the day.
I really feel bad that I'm going to miss the retreat. There are just so many things happening in October that I can't swing it. "Things" that are on our calendar are my retreat to the beach with my quilt group for 4 days -10-3 thru 10-8; old friends from years ago will be passing through heresometime the week of 9th and will spend a couple nights; Great-Neice and nephew's birthdays and combined party in Portland on 10/8, our daughter, Jeanette's celebratiom of life memorial in Roseburg on 23rd but we are going down there on the 22nd to help get food ready for the memorial and will stay til Monday, the 24th. My cousin called a couple days ago to tell us her husband had died of cancer on Wed. after a 3 year battle and she asked if we could come for the funeral/memorial service which will be held in Nev. Nov. 1st so we'll go. Cousin was an only child and her parents are gone now so she thinks of us as her close extended family. There are just too many great things happening (and not so great things happening) and because I've been very anemic since prior to my surgery I get tired out really easily so I'm trying to cut back on a few things...at least for the next couple months. That's my tale of woe. Like Arnold Schwazenager says...."I'll be back!" just had to beg off on the retreat for this time. Have fun for me, dance on a table for me after a nice glass of wine and make sure and let me know when the next retreat is.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:10 AM

I hope life take a upward turn for you soon.You seem to have alot on your plate right now.Know you will be missed with or without a turkey.You are in my prayers.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:25 AM

Sandy,
I understnd how life sometimes gets in the way but you have some really good reasons to bow out this time. We'll keep a light on for ya for the next retreat. :wink:
Will miss your smiling face and sense of humor and of course the Turkey. All of which can be put on hold til next time.
How is the hip doing? Hope your healing quickly.
Til next time...
:XD:
Old 09-25-2011, 11:53 AM

WOW! I thought I had lost you guys! I have been searching and searching and haven't seen hide or hair of anyone on here. So, I sent a pm to WineWoman and she told me about this thread - I had obviously forgotten all about it. My bad!

So, would one of you wonderful ladies catch me up on the details of the retreat? When? Where? How much? I would really like to attend but I need details.

Thank you all!

Angela
Old 09-25-2011, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
I certainly have room in my car for at least one more person! By the time we get all our "stuff" in the car we really only have room for 3 people. I will be leaving on Sunday around 8 am as I need to be back for a church meeting on Sunday!

Cindy, to link another post, go to the top of this thread where it says www. and do a copy/paste of that address into the body of the new post. I'm really okay with paying more but want all to have the opportunity to come if they'd like! It's been really fun to get to know new people!
Karen, thanks for the offer of possibly squeezing in with you to. Unless things change I will still be riding with Cindy, since she live not to many miles from me.
I'm really looking forward to this weekend.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:24 PM

I'd sure love to take one of those extra beds, however, am not at liberty to commit right now. I see the Neurosurgeon on Oct 3rd to determine whether or not I will have to 'go under the knife' :thumbdown:
Old 09-25-2011, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
I'd sure love to take one of those extra beds, however, am not at liberty to commit right now. I see the Neurosurgeon on Oct 3rd to determine whether or not I will have to 'go under the knife' :thumbdown:
Let's hope that surgery is not an option you will have to consider. Good luck.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by stitchy65
WOW! I thought I had lost you guys! I have been searching and searching and haven't seen hide or hair of anyone on here. So, I sent a pm to WineWoman and she told me about this thread - I had obviously forgotten all about it. My bad!

So, would one of you wonderful ladies catch me up on the details of the retreat? When? Where? How much? I would really like to attend but I need details.

Thank you all!

Angela,
cbridges22 can give you all the details if you PM her. She is the instigator of the fall retreat. I know we are going to be up near Warrenton on the coast. Would be fun to have you join us.

Tammy

Angela