OREGON/WASHINGTON FALL RETREAT

Old 08-28-2011, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
Thanx, Sandy. I held the baby up to GD (big sister) who is only 10 months old, and told her to" give brother kisses." She licked his head!! :) DD is definitely gonna have her hands full, but then I guess there was a reason I retired early :thumbup:

Cindy: was fun to see you at the estate sale today! I was thinking that maybe you should try a Judy Neimeyer pattern with all those beautiful purple batiks. I am working on one of her patterns, and have several more waiting in the wings. Check out her website :wink:
I will.I have never done any patterns by her.Is your avatar one of her patterns?I just love it and would love to try it.It was good to see you and now I know you aren't to far from me when I get stuck with paper piecing I will call you!
Old 08-28-2011, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by LadyElisabeth
Is it the VIP fabric with the road and houses and a truck stop, police station, airport, and a finish line?
Yes, I still have that one.
Yes! That's the one and I'd like to get another 1 1/2 yards if I may? Please let me know when it would be convenient to stop by!
Old 08-28-2011, 09:03 AM

Feathers - I'm so glad to hear the surgery is over and you are doing well. Now you can concentrate on getting yourself better and seeing you at the beach!

Quiltingnonie a big congrats on your new baby grandson! How much did he weigh and what is his name- please give us all the details!

Oh the estate sale- how was it girls? What did everyone get? Was there a lot of quilting things?

Karen and Cobalt-I might be able to go to the fair? I haven't been in years and I'll know better closer to Thurs.

Hope all of you's are doing well and can't wait for the beach trip!
Old 08-28-2011, 01:44 PM

Hi Wine Woman, Thanx--we are so thrilled to have a grandson! He tipped the scales @ 8# 1oz, and 21" long. Good sized considering he was born 10 days before his due date. His name is Ernesto Javier....and my DH is glowing as his name is Ernie. He has always been known as "Big E", and now we have a "Little E" :thumbup:

The sale was good, all fabric $5/yd with a decent selection. I bought ALL batiks. :D Loads of quilt books, but I thought they were high @ $5 & $10, but I did manage to talk them down to $2.50 on one I wanted :thumbup: Loads of quilt magazines, which I totally skipped over....I have another box ready to bring to our next get together :roll:
Old 08-28-2011, 04:14 PM

Yes, you can stop by to get the road fabric. I need Faith or Cindy or someone to call me as I plan to have another sale and haven't been a member here long enough to put it on the message board. Also I haven't yet learned how to send PM's
Old 08-28-2011, 04:15 PM
QM
Power Poster

sounds like fun. How much?
Old 08-28-2011, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by LadyElisabeth
Yes, you can stop by to get the road fabric. I need Faith or Cindy or someone to call me as I plan to have another sale and haven't been a member here long enough to put it on the message board. Also I haven't yet learned how to send PM's
Click on the user's name over their picture and it will lead you to their profile where you can send a PM. I'll probably wait until you have your sale to drop by and get the road fabric. Thanks!

This is my 1000th post!!!
Old 08-28-2011, 08:09 PM

Be SURE to post it here on this thread when you have your sale, LadyElisabeth. My DD lives in Tigard, and with two grandbabies now, I will be there often :)

Karen - now how do you know how many posts you have? That surely must classify you as an 'old timer' lol
Old 08-28-2011, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
Be SURE to post it here on this thread when you have your sale, LadyElisabeth. My DD lives in Tigard, and with two grandbabies now, I will be there often :)

Karen - now how do you know how many posts you have? That surely must classify you as an 'old timer' lol
Way to go Karen!
Laurie if you look under your avatar at messages it tells you how many post.You have have 1328.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:36 PM

Just checking for any updates on retreat. Cindy, how are we doing? Everyone paid? Looking forward to this trip.