OREGON/WASHINGTON FALL RETREAT

Old 08-29-2011, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
Hi Wine Woman, Thanx--we are so thrilled to have a grandson! He tipped the scales @ 8# 1oz, and 21" long. Good sized considering he was born 10 days before his due date. His name is Ernesto Javier....and my DH is glowing as his name is Ernie. He has always been known as "Big E", and now we have a "Little E" :thumbup:

The sale was good, all fabric $5/yd with a decent selection. I bought ALL batiks. :D Loads of quilt books, but I thought they were high @ $5 & $10, but I did manage to talk them down to $2.50 on one I wanted :thumbup: Loads of quilt magazines, which I totally skipped over....I have another box ready to bring to our next get together :roll:
Well Little E sounds like he is a healthy baby and good size even though he was early!

I'm glad the sale was good and you were able to pick up more batiks! Its good you can add to your selection. No featherweights or other sewing things? What about Cindy did you get any bargins or anything exciting?
Old 08-29-2011, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
Hi Wine Woman, Thanx--we are so thrilled to have a grandson! He tipped the scales @ 8# 1oz, and 21" long. Good sized considering he was born 10 days before his due date. His name is Ernesto Javier....and my DH is glowing as his name is Ernie. He has always been known as "Big E", and now we have a "Little E" :thumbup:

The sale was good, all fabric $5/yd with a decent selection. I bought ALL batiks. :D Loads of quilt books, but I thought they were high @ $5 & $10, but I did manage to talk them down to $2.50 on one I wanted :thumbup: Loads of quilt magazines, which I totally skipped over....I have another box ready to bring to our next get together :roll:
Well Little E sounds like he is a healthy baby and good size even though he was early!

I'm glad the sale was good and you were able to pick up more batiks! Its good you can add to your selection. No featherweights or other sewing things? What about Cindy did you get any bargins or anything exciting?
I got purple fabric!I have wanted to make a purple quilt and have been collecting fabric,don't know what pattern yet but I have to finish my daughters Bargello and husbands Mariners Compass before I can start anything for me.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Lilrain
Just checking for any updates on retreat. Cindy, how are we doing? Everyone paid? Looking forward to this trip.
No updates at this time,just waiting on Oct. to go.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:13 AM

Well Little E sure was a good size for being early! Glad to hear you were able to pick up some more batiks! Always a good thing to keep your selection up.

This is weird I lost this message earlier now its appearing! I guess my computer is hiccuping this morning!
Old 08-29-2011, 08:38 AM

Here's my precious bundle!

Little E
[ATTACH=CONFIG]248501[/ATTACH]

Look at all that hair! (both my kids were baldies)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]248502[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-248495.jpe   attachment-248496.jpe  
Old 08-29-2011, 09:37 AM

Here's my precious bundle!
Oh what a handsome little man. Congrats. Am I mistaken or does he have a lovely little Kurt Douglas type demple in his chin? How sweet.
I have a grandson due before the end of September and I cannot wait to meet him.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:04 AM

He is so cute,I could eat him up!
Old 08-29-2011, 11:24 AM

Babies are always such a blessing............and Eric will no doubt have a life filled with grandma quilts.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:35 AM

Hey all my quilting friends in the Willamette Valley: Just read this ad in the Stayton paper:

"Quilters Estate Sale"
Sat only (8/27) 9-4
552 2nd St Jefferson, OR
fabric, notions, thread, sewing
& embroid machines. Too much
to list!

I plan to make it over there, hopefully I'll run into some of you too!
The fabric is all$5/yard. I got an email about this sale! Carol
Old 08-29-2011, 11:37 AM

BTW, I am now the proud grandma of a GRANDSON! Born 8/22. Have been extremely busy with grandbabies lately!

Congratulations Laurie! Does that mean you can come over Saturday September 3rd?