Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Texas church quilt show

Texas church quilt show

Not too long ago I saw mention of a quilt show that is held in a church in a small town south of Dallas, Texas. I need to clarify the facts but I can't find it again. I am in hopes that someone can help me either find the original post or knows the details. Thank you in advance!

Blog Entries
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Dimming is in far west texas...southwest of Amarillo.

Auto correct is frustrating,sorry....I typed Dimmitt........it is far from Dallas

Is it the St Mary's Church quilt show where they hang the quilts over the pews?
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

a local quilt group in my area did the same. they draped the quilts over the pews and it was a stunning effect. the male members of the church were so worried about the quilts that they slept over the night before to guard them. we thought it was adorable. i also read an obituary recently of a quilter that passed away and all her quilts were draped over the pews and an invitation was extended to give them a new home.
    a quilter, a baker, a picture-taker

Is it the St Mary's Church quilt show where they hang the quilts over the pews?[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is the one I was searching for,. I can't go this year, maybe I'll be there next year. I hope all you Texans make it!
    Here's the specifics:
    St. Mary Catholic Church isLocated at FM 1774 & St. Marys Drive8227 County Road 205 (St. Marys Drive)Plantersville, Texas 77363

Blog Entries
    I hope to get there. Not sure my son will drive me or if I will go myself. Not much going on around where I live. sorry to say. In Colorado there was always something going on.

I have tons going on here. I'm going to be in Buda at the wiener dog races that weekend so I won't make it.

I don't know where you are but there's usually lots going on around here. I'm on the northwest side of Houston.
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

Blog Entries
    I'm south of Conroe. could make it over there fairly easily. hope. I will not get on I-45 or 610 loop. makes it difficult to go see my friend in Houston (Bellaire).