Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: "Cottage Grove", AKA "The house that Izy lived in" ( Top is Done, pg 12)

That is just too cute, also love the pebble fabric. Can't wait to see the next one, hope it has fewer pieces :D

Melissa!!! It's sooo cute!!! You always do such special pieces, great job!!

OOOoohhhhh AAAAAaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! Melissa, you're off to a GREAT start on that quilt. Hope the 'baby' is back FAST from the 'Dr'!! :D

Wow what great work...love it!!.....hope the sewing machine gets a quick fix.....so we can see more...

NICE

Blog Entries
    I love it. Great job.

Melissa thats beautiful. I love the fabrics you used

Block #2 only has 18 pieces in the house!! WooHoo!!!

I have a couple of different brick fabrics and a stone fabric for the other paths and walkways. They are so cute!!! It was so fun finding the fabrics for this quilt!!!

Baby is in her case, all ready to go to the "doctor" after I get off work!!

Really pretty. Didnīt know Izy lived in such a pretty little cottage. looks though is thatched. Reminds me of England and the lovely thatched (Chocolate Box) cottages in Dorset. Did you make the pattern up yourself? AND are you going to turn it into a quilt, tell, tell, tell.

Just managed to get the PC back, had loads of lightening and thunder and rain today and it put the box all out, so catching up on the posts

Elle

That's a beautiful book and I agree it certainly is prettier than the pattern. It's going to be an amazing quilt, and the good news is that you don't have very many complex blocks so you'll be done before you know it. I hope your machine feels better quickly.

Melissa, while your baby is at the doctor you have time to work on some of you hand quilting. Hope she gets to feeling better quickly and you are back to working on this quilt again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Really pretty. Didnīt know Izy lived in such a pretty little cottage. looks though is thatched. Reminds me of England and the lovely thatched (Chocolate Box) cottages in Dorset. Did you make the pattern up yourself? AND are you going to turn it into a quilt, tell, tell, tell.

Just managed to get the PC back, had loads of lightening and thunder and rain today and it put the box all out, so catching up on the posts

Elle

Hey Miss Elle!!!! Glad you got the "box" back on!!! Its been raining here for the last 2 days but no thunder and lightning.
    On page 2 I posted a picture of the pattern so you can see what it will look like!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcia
    Melissa, while your baby is at the doctor you have time to work on some of you hand quilting. Hope she gets to feeling better quickly and you are back to working on this quilt again soon.
    Got her dropped off and they said it should be ready Friday!!! The one week I dont have to babysit and I dont have a machine!!! But you are right, I can get some of that hand quilting done, or dig out one of the old machines!

Melissa you do such nice work and you have the patience of an angel, I would have torn out my hair by the 10th piece. I love it.

Hi there hun, Well they call the rains with the Thunder and lighting here Tormentors, how well is that named. The prob is nearly all the villages are built on mountains so the roads and streets quickly become rivers. The road below was nearly blocked and you just cant see where your going it just lashes down. I had to go out to give something to a friend or I would have been very happy to stay indoors.

I came in late on your post and missed the lovely picture. Have checked out the site and it is lovely. There are some beautiful ones there.

46 pieces, you are a glutton for punishment is all I can say. LOL

Elle

Melissa-I am so glad you will have your machine back by the end of the week. That is fast turn around in these parts. I cannot wait for you to get it back and do more on this quilt--you are so good and it is going to be fun watching it come together.

Bevanger , you ARE rich and you ARE beautiful. You're rich in talent and you're rich in friends (all of us). And as for beautiful -- even though I've never seen you, I know that you are a very beautiful person. lol

Just got home from picking up my machine!!!! And it is only Thursday!!! Woo Hoo!!!! Back to sewing!!!!! :D

Blog Entries
    That block is so darn cute!! I can't wait to see the finished top! :D

Blog Entries
    Wow that is awesome.

How many pieces all together?

Quote Originally Posted by henryparrish76
    Wow that is awesome.

Dont know yet Henry, I'm just going one block at a time! Otherwise I might scare myself away from it!! :lol:

I've always wanted to make a house block, but I don't think I would start with that one. There was a quilter on Simply Quilts some time ago that did a whole quilt of house blocks. It was so cute and it seemed so easy. That was the one I had wanted to start with, but it never happened. Someday....................

Number 2!! This one was way easy!!!

The Cosy Teapot
    Name:  Attachment-33859.jpe
Views: 11
Size:  51.4 KB

This is going to be just too cute. Love your fabric selections and great job with your applique (can't spell :oops: )

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mgshaw
    Quote Originally Posted by henryparrish76
    Wow that is awesome.

Dont know yet Henry, I'm just going one block at a time! Otherwise I might scare myself away from it!! :lol:
    wow! well i cant wait to see the others and then the whole thing put together. :)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast