Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: "Cottage Grove", AKA "The house that Izy lived in" ( Top is Done, pg 12)

Love your little Tea Shop. Looks like it might sell scones with jam and cream in them, like they do in Devon in England. They have a sign that says Cream Teas and when it comes you have a whole plate of scones freshly baked with strawberry jam and real Devon clotted cream. That brought back some lovely memories. This is just a beautiful quilt. Love it

Elle

hehehe i love the tea shop do i hear tea and crumpets anyone?

Blog Entries
    I just love both. Looks like it is going tobe a beautiful quilt. Great job.

The tea shop is adorable! Can't wait to see more!!

The next one is Quilters Cottage" Its really cute too. But still looking for some quiltshop related clip art to put in the window of it.

These are fab. WOW, you are an inspiration to me. I've been working on developing a pattern to show the four houses my father lived in.....and I had to make a trip back to Amarillo to take more pictures of two of the houses....my memory just wasn't quite great enough.
    I do love your cottages and your choice of fabrics. I hope mine comes out well, but it won't be nearly as great as yours. Please post more as you proceed. :D

Ok! Here is cottage # 3!!! Check out the quilters in the window :lol:

Didnt really notice until I posted it, but not much contrast between the door and the house, Oh well to late now!

Quilters Cottage
    Name:  Attachment-20031.jpe
Views: 4
Size:  57.3 KB

Love your blocks!! Can't wait to see this all together.

Izy
    Melissa your blocks are coming on fast!! On the Quilters Cottage where you noticed lack of contrast, although the door is pieced (I think!!) - Couldn't you do a fancy stitching in a light thread to highlight the outline of the door to make it stand out, and applique a letterbox or make a half window on the door? - I like embellishing tee hee :lol: :roll:

What Izy said, she had great ideas. But I love it. Love your little quilters, how you do that.
    Elle

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    Thanks for the pictures. I am loving watching this develop. What talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    Melissa your blocks are coming on fast!! On the Quilters Cottage where you noticed lack of contrast, although the door is pieced (I think!!) - Couldn't you do a fancy stitching in a light thread to highlight the outline of the door to make it stand out, and applique a letterbox or make a half window on the door? - I like embellishing tee hee :lol: :roll:
    Good ideas Izy!!!! Should I do stitching on the door itself or around the outside of the door? Or maybe applique a door frame around it? (Oh the door is pieced.) I had thought about putting a window on it but wasnt sure on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    What Izy said, she had great ideas. But I love it. Love your little quilters, how you do that.
    Elle

Hey Elle!! Those windows are so fun! I got all the images from clip art in Microsoft word program. I had to reduce them all down quite a bit. The one with the quilters, I printed directly on the inkjet fabric and the tea one and kitty one I printed on regular paper then used my light box to trace onto the fabric, then colored with pigma pens.

Looks much better now!!! Thanks Izy!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    awesome. Where did you purchase this from? I would love get my hands on this pattern.

The windows and door look perfect. :D

Melissa I absolutely love this one

Wow, Melissa--I am not around for two days and you just take off!! All three of your buildings are just adorable and I love it that you are taking the time to put cute little things inside the windows!! How fun!! The door does look much better with the stitching around it and the window on it. I love all three and cannot wait to see the next one!!

:D :D :D May I come for a visit???? I love this house.... :D :D :D

Quote Originally Posted by henryparrish76
    awesome. Where did you purchase this from? I would love get my hands on this pattern.
    Henry I bought it at a LQS, but it went out of business a couple of years ago :evil: Look on page 2, I put a link to the Company's web site, they sell them at the same price I bought this for 3 or so years ago. It is 6 seperate patterns. The first 5 are for the individual houses, the last one is the borders and alternate blocks and finishing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcia
    Wow, Melissa--I am not around for two days and you just take off!! All three of your buildings are just adorable and I love it that you are taking the time to put cute little things inside the windows!! How fun!! The door does look much better with the stitching around it and the window on it. I love all three and cannot wait to see the next one!!
    See! thats what happens when you take off with out telling me!!!! :lol: These are just so fun!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ania755
    :D :D :D May I come for a visit???? I love this house.... :D :D :D
    Come on over Ania!!!! :lol:

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by mgshaw
    Looks much better now!!! Thanks Izy!!!
    Great job Melissa, just what I was think of glad it worked out - I do like to do fiddly bits :lol:

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by mgshaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Elle

Hey Elle!! Those windows are so fun! I got all the images from clip art in Microsoft word program. I had to reduce them all down quite a bit. The one with the quilters, I printed directly on the inkjet fabric and the tea one and kitty one I printed on regular paper then used my light box to trace onto the fabric, then colored with pigma pens.
    Wow Melissa, I am impressed I thought it was provided in the kit, it really makes the block that little touch, well done!!

You go girl :!: Love each house and the ideas you get and use, some great help out there :D Look out, Izy is going to want to move back in her house :wink:

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast